2018 MKX Auto Liftgate Disable

I finally was able to disable the auto handsfree liftgate on the MKX.  I was fed up with getting clunked on the head with inadvertent closes.  There is a single wire harness to the right of center between the muffler and stone pan.  A tad awkward to get at.  Simply disconnect this and the auto feature is disabled. All other liftgate controls (tailgate buttons, keyfob and dash) are as normal.

Better yet, this saves a lawsuit.

JacobZ06

Edited by JacobZ06

I'd recommend coating the electrical connectors with an anti-corrosion spray if they're going to hang free under the car. Road salts and dirt will take its toll and you may find it difficult to use in the future if you change your mind (or when you sell car).

16 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

I'd recommend coating the electrical connectors with an anti-corrosion spray if they're going to hang free under the car. Road salts and dirt will take its toll and you may find it difficult to use in the future if you change your mind (or when you sell car).

Good idea.  A small plastic bag over the connector works well also.