Passive door lock/unlock

I just purchased a new to me, 2015 Ford Edge.  I took it to the dealer because the locks don't work unless you physically push the unlock button on the keyfob.  They said it was some module, ordered it and replaced it.  They then call me and tell me its not working and that It wasn't programmed as part of my "package".  He said it's wired and the module is there, but its not programmed.  Am I getting some BS?  I am struggling to understand why they said it was a module problem, and now it's just not programmed?  Can this be programmed to work?  I have about a week left on my return, so I'm trying to see what options there are.

As far as I know, there are other hardware differences, like the door handles are different. For passive entry the door handles have to be equipped with sensors. 

This guy in the video below added passive entry to his Fusion, read the description to you'd get some idea of what's involved, definitely not only programming.

https://youtu.be/cWX56shScUc

• Like 2

I just got back from the FORD dealership.  I have all the pieces to make this work, but the BCM needs to be reprogrammed.  The tech at this small dealership didn't have the tools or resources to program them.  Anyone have links for tools to reprogram the BCM to allow for intelligent access to work?  Googling gives me tons of different links and I'm not sure which way to proceed.  Thanks in Advance