Aftermarket double din stereo questions

I would like to replace my 2010 radio (SYNC and NAV) with an aftermarket double din. I don't have an amp, just a sub. I have 2 questions:

1. Do I lose door chime? Any other essential functions I will lose?

2. If I attach a backup camera and the stereo is off, does REVERSE turn on screen immediately? Or does it go through a lengthy bootup process? 

Main reason for aftermarket stereo is the backup camera feature. Crutchfield rep recommended against the changeout because of certain dash configuration issue and unspecified electrical issues. So I am seeking help from this forum.

Thank you.

Edited by paker

4 hours ago, paker said:

Main reason for aftermarket stereo is the backup camera feature. 

Why not just add a backup camera to the head unit? Mount the camera at the back, run the wire up through the tire well through existing groment, under back seat, through console to back of radio. Kits have pre-made harnesss that plugs into ACU. 

Didn't have the option  but it WAS designed to add one (think same ACU was used in the 150).

On the back of the ACU the center connector is for video connection. Think it's pin numbers 1 (pos +) and 6 (neg -) but I'd need to check this to be certain. It's the one that currently doesn't have a harness plugged into it.

There are sites that offer prewired wiring harnesses and programming units. Here's one site that sell kits to install a backup camera to your oem headunit (ACU).

https://www.navtool.com/2009-2010-lincoln-mkx-video-interface.aspx