HITCH & HARNESS

Check out the web site www.reese-hitches.com for hitchs and accessories

for the Edge. They :reading: have a wiring harness avialble that requires no splicing by

using T-connnections. The site has lots of info on D-I-Y installation plus the prices

and selection of parts is good.

I've used them for my previous vehicles (non-Ford) and was very satisfied. This time I

got the factory towing package.

Good luck

New here, too!

I have a 2008, and up behind the rear bumper is an unused plug with many wires but also with four main ones White, brown, green, yellow.

Using a test light gets nothing. The main fuse/relay panel under the hood has empty sockets for Parking, Right and Left lights according to the manual. Does plugging in three fuses and three relays get electric back to that plug? Or is that plug the passenger ejection seat(which I might be able to use!!)

Thanks,

Chuck

Western Pennsylvania

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, the t-connectors have been talked about before here in other hitch threads. just note, you still have to run a power wire up to the battery to power the brains of the unit.. and it is not a 10 minute install (contrary to claims on that site), not even close.

I have seen on many of the hitch harness posts people talking about having to run a power wire all the way to the front of the car. Wouldn't it be much easier just to tap power off of the 12V power point in the cargo area? If the car is on this would have power and it should have sufficient fuseing to handle the load of trailer lights.