Need HELP after brake booster swap!!

cfl4rat

2013 edge v6 118K miles.  GF’s car had air hissing at the pedal, decided to change booster and master cylinder. Pain getting to but pretty straightforward. 
a few days after the install it started running weird, loosing power. It progressively got worse to where now when you get to 20 mph it looses power, can’t even hear the engine rev, the only way to keep it driving is to lift off the gas pedal and lightly reapply. It will have power for 5 or so seconds before it falls on its face. So to drive you have to keep lifting off gas pedal and re push it every 5 or so seconds. Service engine soon light hasn’t came on.

id also like to add there was NOT an air filter in the air box when I took everything apart.

Ford dealership can’t get her in for a couple weeks so took it to a dodge dealership and they said it pulled a couple codes that refer to a bulletin that talks about a harness possibly routed wrong at the brake booster but I didn’t see any harness when I did the swap, the 2 other things they said it could be is the throttle positioning sensor or the throttle body.

any help would be great, just trying to get it running right for her.

thanks in advance!

did you use a motorcraft booster? aftermarket boosters can result in a lot of problems.  did you tightly reconnect the hose from the intake manifold to the booster?

you can check codes yourself with an obd II adapter and forscan lite.

it is possible that the throttle body is going bad, but you can only retrieve the code after the engine is shutoff and before it is restarted successfully.  the code is a temporary type.

• 1 year later...