User Device "USB2" - along with "USB" - recognized by Sync

well, this is not a Ford sponsored type mod. So, software updates should not make this work any different or better - as it was never meant to be done in the fist place - so a Ford update would not try to improve something that was not meant to be done. That being said, I would still update to the latest 2.0 for its other benefits.

anyway, it seems there is no way this is "suppose" to work technically speaking. what is the 3rd source you cannot use? line-in? it reads confusing as you say 3 sources but never say what the 3rd is you cannot get to... and you say "I still have thie issue of not being able to switch between sources" but then say " hooked up the USB 2 it does allow me to do 2 sources at a time and switch between them"

It's interesting actually. When I have any type of media player hooked up to the USB2 (thanks to you all for posting about it), I can switch between it (usb2) and either line-in or usb1 (whichever is hooked up). But if I have all 3 hooked up,. I can still only switch between two of them. The 3rd simply does not show on the touch screen. Now here is the part that is consistent with how it was before tapping into the USB2,.... If I hook up USB1 and line-in (no USB2 involved here) I still cannot switch between them. Only when USB2 is involved (has a media plugged in). SO the culprit seems to be USB1

• 5 weeks later...

I've been reading this thread with interest as we just picked up our 2010 Edge last week. I have been trying to get my iPhone 3Gs to work properly with Sync. For those who aren't familiar with the iPhone and its Sync issues, it will frequently not play audio via USB if you turned the car off while in Bluetooth Audio mode or just about any other input except for line in, andd then got back into your car and attempted to play via USB. A huge pain.

After reading this thread, I had a great idea...

I found the USB2 port on the suncc module as mentioned. I then bought a short (8") miniUSB to USB cable plus a female to female USB adapter as well as an 8GB USB flash drive (on sale at Staples here in Canada for $20 this week). I then found a simple software program that scans your iTunes Library and allows you to choose playlists to save to the USB drive. Basically, I had a copy of my iPod on a USB flash drive. Plug that into the USB2 setup and store the whole thing behind that panel in the center console.

Works like a charm and no more issues as above. I will only use the main USB for charging or for other USB sticks if needed. Kinda turns a USB stick into a built in hard drive media player...all for around $30!!

what software did you find/use?

Called itunes export...

http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/

I think its older software and I noticed that when it was running (creating the playlists on the USB stick) that it said "(Not Responding)" occasionally in the top box but I ignored it and it worked fine. I used the option to also add the music files along with the playlist file.

So, I started with a blank stick and this software copied the playlists and music over for me....everything works perfectly in my Edge.

I also did find a similar convertor for use with Windows Media instead of iTunes. Just do a search for playlists convertors.

• 2 weeks later...
Called itunes export...

http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/

I think its older software and I noticed that when it was running (creating the playlists on the USB stick) that it said "(Not Responding)" occasionally in the top box but I ignored it and it worked fine. I used the option to also add the music files along with the playlist file.

So, I started with a blank stick and this software copied the playlists and music over for me....everything works perfectly in my Edge.

I also did find a similar convertor for use with Windows Media instead of iTunes. Just do a search for playlists convertors.

Just discovered that when you use this software, you have to select the .wpl playlist option on the last page before export. It uses .m3u as a default but this won't work with SYNC.