Engine temperature issue - fans not running

tmise40

Noticed the coolant temperature gauge was maxed out while driving. Turned the A/C off and the temp went back to the middle of C and H on the gauge. Checked coolant level and it’s ok. When I start the car….2009 Ford Edge Limited 3.5 liter….fans are off. This car has the high and low speed fans. When I turn the A/C on max, the fans are still off. With car running I checked for voltage going into the cooling fan control module. Getting 14 volts at the purple/gray wire, ground is showing at the black/gray wire and ground showing at the small white wire. On the module connector going to the fans I’m getting 14 volts at the red wire and showing ground on the black wire. Fans are both off. When I take the connector off the control module going to the fans and apply 12 volts to the red wire with power probe, both fans come on.  So I’m curious as to why the fans aren’t running? Shouldn’t they both come on or at least one when the A/C is turned on? Please help

• 1004ron changed the title to Engine temperature issue - fans not running