2007 SEL AWD Code po010

07Bluesilver

I have a code po010 on my Edge. I changed my VVT solenoid. camshaft sensor, fuel injector, spark plugs. I used to have a code po300 which I fixed, but then decided to put seafoam in my intake. Afterward the new code came up. That's when I changed my VVT and camshaft sensor also valve cover gaskets. When I took off the valve cover there was a lot of gunk all over. Now I'm doing an oil change and was thinking of doing a motor flush and see if I can get rid off the gunk. I'm not sure if to do the flush. Should I just do the oil change? To see if it helps and do another oil change within 1k miles. ANY INFO. WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATTED. THANKS!!! 

Edited by 07Bluesilver

flushing a motor crank case can be problematic.. If i were in your situation, I'd probably be using something like Rislone (high detergent, not solvent) to clean out the internals. 

Also, I have had very good results with Mobil1 fully synthetic oils to avoid sludgy garbage inside my engines.

no harm in just changing the oil, maybe much more frequently for a little while as a slow flush.

One of the possible causes cited for P0010 is engine electrical harness failure / rub through.. 

check out this video too