Front seats,

Greetings, my question is;  On my 2014 SEL it has the Alcantara middle inserts with black leather, or ( pleather) with a dark red contrast stitch. Can the front seats be swapped? meaning just the lower cushions? since the seatbacks are side specific, ( with airbags) With over 100,000 miles now on the vehicle, the driver side is quite worn, however, the pass. side is like new!  What do you all think?  

• 2 weeks later...

Have you thought of just having the drivers bottom recovered? You can sometimes find replacement OEM covers on ebay

(example)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-OEM-ORIGINAL-CLOTH-REPLACEMENT-SEAT-COVERS-2015-2016-2017-2018-FORD-EDGE-/294104417909?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

but if it were me I'd talk to your dealer as yours is quite specific. Ask who they would recommend in the area.

• Like 1

Thanks for that response! a few days ago I just pulled both seats out of the vehicle and swapped them from side to side. At first, I wasn't sure it was gonna work, but both seat pans, ( or trays) were the same, once I had them side by side on the floor, upside down, I could tell it was gonna work! everything rebolted up and rewired up the same! So got the bottom's (cushions) switched, and cleaned up, and set back in the Edge, and could instantly tell the driver side was higher! once I got the seat where it normally sits, ( with me in it, I am the only driver) it felt like new again! had to adjust the mirrors cause of the new ride height in the seat! Very happy with the results! AFAIK, the Alcantara, (suede) inserts are no longer available from Ford Parts. New cushion and cover would have been several hundred dollars if they were available. 

• Like 2