PCM and Burnt Coil question?

jsabby1234

Just a few weeks ago i had Coils and Plugs replaced on the back cylinders (1-2-3) because of a misfire, my local shop replaced them for me, I didnt have the time to do the work myself.  I was planning on replacing the front (4-5-6) myself but forgot about it.  Just yesterday I had coil 5 burn out on me.  After replacing it and it burning out again, i did some research and realized it also burnt out my PCM. 

My plan is to get my PCM repaired, and replace the front three (4-5-6) Plugs and Coils.  My question is do I need to replace coils 1-2-3 again even though they were just replaced a few weeks ago. I keep reading stuff online that i "should replace all the coils and plugs when i replace the PCM".  But i just replaced them and dont want to pay the shop again if i dont have to.  Any input will help, Thank you.  

you will at least need to verify the coils are in good working order, and even then, move them to the front so if they do go, its easy to replace.

best plan is to buy the motorcraft coil kit from any online ford dealer and keep the old coils as a backup.  BA5Z-12259-A. not listed openly, you have to search for it.  swagperformance on ebay is another option.

the PCM can be repaired by circuitboardmedics.com , see their website for pricing/shipping/etc.

• Like 1