Remote start on a '08 Edge

al303

Just received my remote start kit (7l2z19g364aa) in the mail sans instructions. Problem is you need to be a dealer to access the

installation intructions online.

Has anyone installed this kit before? It seems like it fits a lot of Ford cars and trucks.

Does anybody have access to the instructions? Or, at least a wiring diagram for a 2008 Edge?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Just received my remote start kit (7l2z19g364aa) in the mail sans instructions. Problem is you need to be a dealer to access the

Has anyone installed this kit before? It seems like it fits a lot of Ford cars and trucks.

Does anybody have access to the instructions? Or, at least a wiring diagram for a 2008 Edge?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Just a little advice--if you've never installed a remote start system before, stop now and take it somewhere. A lot of time and money can be burned up with small mistakes. The newer the car, the more difficult the install.

• 2 weeks later...

Support what previous post said. Have installed by a Professional. I have just had the remote starter installed by a Professional and he had some problems. Apparently it is necessary to remove at least some of the dash. Also note that the aftermarket starter includes rear window defogger on/off that needs a direct line in connection. Also note that a security over-ride module is also required for installation. This is an extra - at least in Canada

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting a "Viper 5901 Responder LC3 SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System" installed in my 08 Edge Limited. There is no way I would try and tackle this myself. I have to wait until Jan 7 before I could get it installed. Considering it has been -30C here for the last week I want it now!

I am interested if some else has this model installed in an Edge and how it is working for them?

http://www.viper.com/P-5702V/Viper+5901+Re...te+Start+System

Edited by garyedwardsmith

Sorry guys, I'm not the kind of person to always pay somebody to make my problems go away. I like to acquire as much information as possible, and get my hands dirty.

The dealer wanted $450.00 installed, I found the kit on line for $170.00.

It took me about 7-8 hours. Only 7 wires to solder. With the wiring diagram, they were very easy to find. The rest of the installation was a piece of cake.

For a single button OEM starter, it is o.k. Not a whole lot of bells and whistles, but it does do the job. The range is good(Standing in line at the check out at Menard's, it reaches to the far end of the parking lot).

Thanks for everybody's support.

Sorry guys, I'm not the kind of person to always pay somebody to make my problems go away. I like to acquire as much information as possible, and get my hands dirty.

The dealer wanted $450.00 installed, I found the kit on line for $170.00.

It took me about 7-8 hours. Only 7 wires to solder. With the wiring diagram, they were very easy to find. The rest of the installation was a piece of cake.

For a single button OEM starter, it is o.k. Not a whole lot of bells and whistles, but it does do the job. The range is good(Standing in line at the check out at Menard's, it reaches to the far end of the parking lot).

Thanks for everybody's support.

Just a quick question--I've seen a lot of remote start installs done and I'm just curious, what did you have to "solder"?

Just a quick question--I've seen a lot of remote start installs done and I'm just curious, what did you have to "solder"?

In the drivers side kick panel you will need to find the wires for the horn, parking lights, door locks ect. Also, under the hood is a tilt switch that prevents the car from being started while the hood is up.

I prefer to always solder my wire connections. Mechanical/crimp connectors and couplings can fail over time.

Al

• 1 year later...

Thanks in advance,

Al

If you haven't installed yet do a search for (2008_Gold_Remote_Start_Truck_11-19-08[1]) this might help, I installed a viper 5902 last week and came across this when I was looking for the install manual. Tried to attach the file but it must be too big.

If you haven't installed yet do a search for (2008_Gold_Remote_Start_Truck_11-19-08[1]) this might help, I installed a viper 5902 last week and came across this when I was looking for the install manual. Tried to attach the file but it must be too big.

You might also want to try here:

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/techSpecs.do