2022 Edge interior changes

akirby

SUMMARY
Please be advised that due to supply chain disruptions, we are forced to make an in-cycle film supplier change for 2 parts on the 22MY Ford Edge. The effective date for this in-cycle supplier change is Jan 6, 2022. All units produced prior to this date will feature the current film supplier. All units produced after this date will feature the new film supplier.

The impacted parts are R044D84 (IP applique) and R044H83 (console top finish panel, with cupholder built in). No other parts are impacted by this film supplier change.

This change may not be noticeable in isolation, however a side-by-side comparison of units produced before and after the effective date will make the change perceptible and obvious to the naked eye. The differences in color, pattern, and tactile sensation are modest. Every effort has been made to minimize the differences as much as possible.

The appearance difference is not a result of off-quality parts or production errors. The new film supplier is subject to all the same quality standards as the current film supplier. The appearance difference is purely theresult of our need to execute an in-cycle film supplier change to sustain production of the 22MY Ford Edge.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:08 AM, MLTEdge said:

We'll... The center console also had one, but not in the front, under the arm rest in the bay. May not be where you want it though, so I'd consider hitting a stereo shop and let them install one exactly where you want

I may order the OEM parts and install