Right hand rear footwell wet

Nwr161282

When entering my 2017 edge today I found the right hand rear footwell very wet. The car was sat outside last night and the rain was quite bad.  I've taken off some of the rear plastic trim and it looks like the leak is coming from the rear of the car and confined to the rear footwell only.  I've had a search on here and seen all the Information about the 2015 model leaks and belive my leak to be different.  Before I start removing the rear seats and headlining is there a certain area to check. The water is clear and odorless so it has to be rain water. My model is a non sunroof model.

The picture is the rear quarter window. I ran out of time to look at it further so I'm hoping to sit inside while applying water to the exterior so I can pin point if it's the window seal or higher up. Is there any drain paths above here?

Edited by Nwr161282
fat fingers

14 hours ago, Nwr161282 said:

Is there any drain paths above here?

Only thing that comes to mind is either the seal around the moon roof or the rear window washer spray line. (Plastic, if the line had a break in it, fluid possibly power spraying into headliner.) 

My money would be on seal around window. I'd start around top of window. 

My edge has a solid roof so no moon roof seal to worry about. The water I have is clear and unscented so I dont think its washer fluid. I want to investigate above the rear quarter window to rule out that possibility. We've only had the car just over 6 months and never noticed a leak or condensation  build up Inside the car until the other day when we found the right rear passenger footwell absolutely soaking with alot of water. This makes me think its quite a large leak so will be easy to see.  All signs are pointing to the rear quarter glass but want to check everything else while I'm at it.

• Like 1

Update on the leak. Looks like I've traced it to the rear roof panel - boot seam seal. Anyone came across this before. Looks like poor seam sealer application when manufactured as it doesn't appear to have had a repair previously. See pictures attached. I've also got a video of the leak but not sure how to post it.

20220312_174012.jpg