confused new 2022 Edge ST owner

jye

I bought 2022 Edge ST with 401A and performance brake package 2 days ago. Love the car so far. (This is my first car with turbo engine, any special attention needed for the break in period?)

Now I'm trying to buy a bike rack. I think the spec for the hitch is 1.25 inch, but when I try to measure to make sure, the hitch measured 2 inches on each side. what's the hitch size other people got?

Also,  I remember reading somewhere that Ford using laminated glasses on front doors to reduce cabin noise, but noticed the labels on my side windows say tempered glass. Has Ford changed the glass type for front doors? I went to Ford site and the 401A package content still says laminated front door side windows. 

1 hour ago, jye said:

I bought 2022 Edge ST with 401A and performance brake package 2 days ago. Love the car so far. (This is my first car with turbo engine, any special attention needed for the break in period?)

Keep it easy the first 500, then giver(unless you are in an area that experiences true winter, then give it a few minutes to let the turbos warm up during colder months.

1 hour ago, jye said:

Now I'm trying to buy a bike rack. I think the spec for the hitch is 1.25 inch, but when I try to measure to make sure, the hitch measured 2 inches on each side. what's the hitch size other people got?

Ford says it's a class 2 hitch but it has a class 3 receiver, this is normal.

1 hour ago, jye said:

Also,  I remember reading somewhere that Ford using laminated glasses on front doors to reduce cabin noise, but noticed the labels on my side windows say tempered glass. Has Ford changed the glass type for front doors? I went to Ford site and the 401A package content still says laminated front door side windows. 

Unfortunately yes.

• Like 1