Air bag light on after replacing seat rail

I replaced my drivers seat track because the inside track got bent (unknown why) creating the seat to rock. I broke a plastic clip to the female side of a electrical connector during seat removal. I replaced this broken piece with a new connector (plug and play wires; no cutting, soldering, etc) to this new clip. 

I received a Airbag error and removed the seat to recheck all of the connectors….air bag light went out, fixed…WRONG. 

Airbag light came on a few days later and according to my OBD II and my research, I noted the following: 

Code: B0020:13

Description: Left side airbag deployment control….. failure type circuit open

Code: B0020:13-08

Description: Left side airbag deployment control….. fault is currently present failure, open circuit.

When is the B0020 FORD code detected?

If the Restraints Control Module (RCM) detects a short between the driver seat side air bag circuits and the circuits of another SRS component, it sets this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) and the DTC of the corresponding SRS component. 

B0020 FORD code possible causes

Faulty Left Seat Side Airbag

Left Seat Side Airbag harness is open or shorted

Left Seat Side Airbag circuit poor electrical connection

How is the B0020 FORD code repair?

Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.

I checked the airbag system fuse….was good and took the seat out again for the following: 

1. Removed the tape from the seat wires to check for broken, crimped, etc wires…. Nothing found and re-taped.

2. Unplugged all of the electrical connectors and checked the ohms between connectors and checked for bent pins….Nothing found and reassembled

3. Applied dielectric grease to all of the electrical connectors…..Made no difference. 

Short of (oh I made a joke) taking it back to a dealer any ideas on how to resolve ? I don’t want to start probing random wired because that may be fatal to my health. 

80E3964B-C7C2-4BF8-A3A7-10BFC476BD0F.jpeg

D6A4E45F-A968-4888-B011-27E49535F6E5.jpeg

Based on everything you have already done, I'd suspect a broken wire or loose pin connection, in one of the connectors. (Whatever was stuck under the seat and caused the rail to bend, had enough force to (possibly) pull on the harnesses with enough force to weaken the connector(s) or break a wire).

• Like 1

Repaired…….?

There is a 12 pin electrical connector under the driver seat of which only five pins are used. Using a ohm meter I checked continuity on both sides of this connector and found one wire with high resistance. I replaced this connector and all of the pins; airbag light is out. 

7C35518D-3735-45B8-9A9B-24A5D7A85ABA.jpeg

• Like 2