What plugs in here??

Troger

I've been rebuilding my salvage 2018 Ford Edge, and the front grille was damaged. I replaced it with a nice looking "raptor" style Ford grille, but on the inside of the bumper on the driver's side there are 5 connectors, but I can't only find cables for four of them. See picture to see which one I can't find a cable to plug into.

Thanks,

Troy

IMG_3382.JPG

Is there any connector ID number on the receptacle that you can see, or otherwise how many pins and what wire colors are on back of receptacle?

Beginning a process of elimination based on adjacency of horn plug and Signature light, maybe Front Parking Aid Sensor?

Compare "what plugs in here" location & wiring diagram and PDF download link to Connector C1428 Details document...

Good luck!

Front Outer Parking Aid Sensor Left Hand Connector C1428 Location -2018 Edge Workshop Manual.jpg

Front Parking Aid Sensor Wiring Diagram (partial) - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.jpg

Front Outer Parking Aid Sensor Left Hand Connector C1428 Details - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

IMG_3382.JPG.de2ed8efb43e68f47a7b04cc7a4d53b5.jpg

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info!! That diagram is super helpful! I was thinking park assist, and I'm still thinking it might be, but I can't find the corresponding cable on the vehicle... maybe just not used on the SEL model? Additional pics attached if that helps.IMG_3384.thumb.JPG.2418aeea8c3b8df3575efa1d50eeb139.JPGIMG_3383.thumb.JPG.e59460d664045d99654b593a4a4830ad.JPG

The mystery receptacle appears to be a C139 connector, associated with the front parking aid harness, which also includes a C140 connector in the vicinity of the C139.

Below is the C139/C140 connectors location diagram image and PDF download links to documents providing details, including basic wiring harness designations for male/female connector applications...

The FordParts website shows four iterations of the base harness descriptor 15K867 which vary by (optional) equipment installed on the vehicle, with harness website photos appearing to show C139/C140 connectors on the various harnesses.

The FordParts site may provide improved search results when your Edge's VIN is added to the known attributes I used from your Forum signature.

Good luck!

Connector C139 Location Diagram - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.jpg

Connector C139 Details - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Connector C140 Details - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1

Interesting!! I do get a park aid alert when I back up, but I figured that was something on the back end that was missing and not the front end. I don't think those options came on this particular model, but maybe they just disconnected that wiring harness and threw it away when the vehicle was in the wreck... It's always interesting to try and figure out the story based on clues found in a salvage situation.

Thanks,
Troy