MP3's no music

I bet you have the User Device set to Line In and not USB.. check that.. if you had your mp3 player hooked up to the USB port BUT did not have the User Device set to USB and rather, Line In this would happen.

and/or do you see the timer count down on the screen when the mp3 player is playing songs?

Edited by Lex Talionis

I bet you have the User Device set to Line In and not USB.. check that.. if you had your mp3 player hooked up to the USB port BUT did not have the User Device set to USB and rather, Line In this would happen.

and/or do you see the timer count down on the screen when the mp3 player is playing songs?

I have a thumb drive in the USB. Was workign great. One day it stopped. I see the timer count as it is playing the music, I see the name of the song, and I see that it is set to USB. I press skip button it loads the next song, plays it aswell. No audio what so ever however.

Edited by Splitpi

try to reset Sync by pulling the Sync fuse (search these forums or your manual as I forgot which one) for 1 minute. people also had success by disconnecting battery, but easier to just pull the fuse as that is official reset method.

then also upgrade your Sync to version 1.1 if you have not already. that can be obtained here

Edited by Lex Talionis

try to reset Sync by pulling the Sync fuse (search these forums or your manual as I forgot which one) for 1 minute. people also had success by disconnecting battery, but easier to just pull the fuse as that is official reset method.

then also upgrade your Sync to version 1.1 if you have not already. that can be obtained here

Lex, I think you put the fear of god into it, because it works now.

It could have been the cold. The car had been warmed up for a few hours running errands and the outside temperature today was a balmy 20 F versus the -3 to 5 F it has been for a week. I wonder if it was a temperature issue.