Fuel quality went full Amber Heard midway through a full tank..

McToberson

This morning while driving home from work, I noticed my car felt sluggish when I went to pass someone.  Needing extra power to complete the pass, I went WOT, which was still sluggish.  Afterwards, I looked down at my Livewire and noticed the ghost needle on the boost gauge never broke 14PSI. With my tune, etc, WOT at those speeds would have easily peaked between 20-22psi.  I data logged another WOT 0-85 - gears 1,2,3 and sure enough, it wasn't the gauge bugging out, it really wasn't getting better than 14PSI.  I emailed the log to Torrie and he told me that the car is adjusting because it detects poor fuel quality. I've got 4100 on the ODO, I drove it home with 6 on the ODO.  The only fuel the car has ever seen is 93oct from SHELL, BP and EXXON, besides the 14th tank of whatever the factory uses for tests and delivery. I'm halfway through a full tank from SHELL this past Thursday, and the first half of the tank was producing the expected amount of power and response.  The only thing I can think of is that we have gotten a lot of rain and humidity in the last week or so.  Has anyone had any issues with water or humidity with the capless fuel inlets? I don't think i ever had an issue with my Fusion that had the capless system.  Any other ideas on what could make the fuel go bad so fast? If so, any suggestions on some sort of dust cover?

IMG_2279.JPG

• Like 1