Heater issue

Ok, bought our daughter a 2013 Edge Limited about a year ago. About 3 weeks ago it slung a rod…blah…picked up a used engine and had it installed. Now the a/c blows nice cold air…as well as when we bump it up to HI and it should be hot air. Tried the reset procedure everyone talks about with no luck. Checked fuses, all good. Read something about the blower door actuator, it seems to be working fine. I did notice, there are 2 lines coming out of the firewall into the actuator. I assume those are heater core lines. 1 is ice cold, the other is hot, but when it makes the bend into the actuator it cools way down. Also, when doing the reset procedure, the ambient lights no longer work. They are on in the menu, but don’t actually come on…thanks for any input!

CF27C103-A318-4022-A3B0-4938CA44B8CA.jpeg

Those are you're AC lines not heater core. There will be rubber hoses that run to the firewall to your heater core, both should feel hot once the vehicle has warmed up some. If not your cooling system wasn't bled properly and your heater core isn't getting antifreeze through it. Also check that you aren't low on coolant as the system may have worked out an air bubble and is now low.  Otherwise it will be your blend door actuator not fully moving from hot to cold.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got home to look at it. Ended up changing the gate hose, put in a new thermostat and temp sensor, i honest think what worked was making sure all the air was out of the system. It did have a leak, that was why I changed the gate hose. Things seem ok right now, but I did find a valve cover oil leak, so that’s the next item…looking for a write up now.

• Like 1