Runs rough with A/C on

Guys,

Im sure this has been asked before, however here goes: My 2008 Limited runs great except when the A/C is on. It appears to be a vibration issue. Anyone else experienced this? Its more of an NVH issue like maybe loose A/C mounting brackets or just a bad compressor/clutch. Reason I am asking, is to lead me in the right direction to fix it. Thanks ahead.

• Thanks 1

From under front, can inspect SerpBelt + AC Compressor; tighten the 3 mounting bolts if needed.

When you turn on AC via the dash control knobs, Computer\PCM also starts the dual electric radiator fans, if not already running.

So check the fans, that they come on & are operating smoothly (watch, listen & your hand behind radiator to feel air flow)

They're VariableSpeed via the PWM module on the upper left of the fan cowling; this module is a NotoriousFailureItem\NFI.

Bearings in the fans motors can also go bad;

fan assembly can be removed+disassembled; blow dust out of motor coils with compressed air & lube bearings with white lithium.

Make sure you don't have broken fan blades, causing vibration.

• Like 3