2008 3.5L Edge - new rack now oil light and noise help

cartunez2004

whats going on everyone, 

ok bought 2008 edge a week ago drove it home about an hour no issues (besides the rack leaking)
had a new rack done and when I left the shop my oil light came on.
changed oil and oil pressure switch. started it and no light was on,  drove it for about 5 min and when it got to operating temperature i heard like a little chain noise rattle for a second and it went away than oil light came on.
any suggestions

Edited by cartunez2004

• 1004ron changed the title to 2008 3.5L Edge - new rack now oil light and noise help

if oil level is correct and there are no leaks, the oil light coming on is a problem. i have the rattle on startup or i used to before changing a few maintenance items, and the oil light has never come on. so the fact that it shows up at all is an issue.

recheck the switch make sure it is not leaking. this would not cause a rattle but would cause the light to come on.

yes even new switches fail. or possibly no thread sealant was applied.

Lubrication System

The engine lubrication system is of the force-feed type in which oil is supplied under full pressure to the crankshaft, connecting rod bearings, timing chain tensioners and VCT solenoids. The flow of oil to the valve tappets and valve train is controlled by a restricting orifice located in the cylinder head, front camshaft cap.

Oil Pump

The lubrication system is designed to provide optimum oil flow to critical components of the engine through its entire operating range.

The heart of the system is a positive displacement internal gear oil pump.

Generically, this design is known as a gerotor pump, which operates as follows:

• The oil pump is mounted on the front face of the cylinder block.
  • The inner rotor is piloted on the crankshaft post and is driven through flats on the crankshaft.
  • System pressure is limited by an integral, internally-vented relief valve which directs the bypassed oil back to the inlet side of the oil pump.
  • Oil pump displacement has been selected to provide adequate volume to make sure of correct oil pressure both at hot idle and maximum speed.
  • The relief valve calibration protects the system from excessive pressure during high-viscosity conditions.
  • The relief valve is designed to provide adequate connecting rod bearing lubrication under high-temperature and high-speed conditions.
Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W