Heat one side room temperature other side

Hi all,

I've got a 2013 Ford Edge 3.5L SE. Recently, my drivers side started to not get heat but my passenger side does. My car is NOT a dual zone climate car and more interestingly, its not that I'm getting cold air, I'm getting room temperature air on my drivers side (feet, dash, and defrost same) but my passenger side is proper heat. I took it to the mechanic and he said it was the blend door, but replacing that that didn't do anything. I tried looking into the build of the HVAC system and I'm wondering whether a single zone climate car has 2 blend doors (Right and Left) or just one? Also, it looks like there are two other doors that could be causing the issue - the airflow mode door (I don't think this is it since I can control airflow) and the air inlet mode door (no clue what this does). 

If anyone could provide some advice or suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

You don’t mention it, but assume you’ve done the reset?  Works on my 2011 every time this happens.

Step 1: Hold down both the climate control power and defrost buttons at the same time. Press down for 5 seconds. Step 2: Release the climate control power and defrost buttons. Step 3: Hold just the temperature control power button for a few seconds

What do you mean manual system vs auto?

Coolant maintenance has been good - its full right now. Filled it up earlier this year. What do you mean temps at the heater core inlet/outlet?

On 12/29/2022 at 6:12 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

i believe the reset for a manual system is different from auto but i could be wrong ...

anyway, there is only 1 blend door in manual systems.

how has the coolant maintenance been? what are the temps at the heater core inlet/outlet?