2015 SEL: best fog and head lights?

This week I finally pick up my used/new to me 2015 SEL.  

I want to upgrade the head lights and swap the decorative blank inserts for fog light inserts.  Best head light upgrade? 

Cons/pros, OEM fog light inserts or aftermarket?  If the latter, what about this?  Front Bumper Fog Lights Lamps Harness Switch Kit For Ford Edge 15-18 Black - MotorGenic

OEM Edge w/fog lights: is the fog light circuit parallel with the with main head lights or do fog lights have a separate on/off switch?  If separate switch and my Edge SEL left the factory without fog lights: Describe the OEM fog light switch, its location and how costly is it to install in an Edge that originally lacked it?   (Maybe it's best to install an aftermarket switch.)

Thanks!

James      

2011->2018 Edge didn't have fog lights as an available option I don't think. 2007-2010 SEL and higher, and 2019+ SEL and higher do.

There are aftermarket fog lights that replace the signature LED lighting with fog lights and LED surrounds (and some are also turn signals). They generally have a full harness and a switch that appears similar to what they look like in fog light equipped vehicles. Seems like some of the steel bumper behind the bumper cover might need modified/cut.

Thank you.  I pickup my Edge tomorrow.  If true, that's very interesting that OEM 2015 Edge lacked fog light option.  The bezel sure looks like it needs a fog light installed.  

OT: I'm in my late 60s and have owned a lot of 4-wheel vehicles.  IIRC the last Ford I owned was a red 1978 Fairmont; except for the 302 V8 and A/C, a base car w/roll up windows (WHAT ARE THOSE?)  I drove it hard; it was indestructible while I owned it and it never left me stranded.  Sum-total non-regular service was a failed voltage regulator.  The engine made only about 140hp but decent torque, not bad for the era considering the car's weight.  Engine ran smooth; emission controls caused '79s to run awful.  Mine would burn rubber w/appropriate light accelerator and brake abuse.  Playing Stop Light Grands Prix it was fun embarrassing drivers of Japanese 4s, used to beating Fairmont 4s and 6s.     

Edited by ASL1125