New Edge Owner

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 09 Edge AWD Limited and I wanted to introduce myself to the forum and ask a few questions about 2 issues that concern me.

1. The transmission is very smooth however when I really hit the gas hard and it downshifts it seems to hold the gear right up to 6200 then shifts rather slowly especially if I let up on the gas at say 5000. Is this normal with these transmissions? Most auto's i've had (granted they were 4speed) would change gears once I let up on the gas.

2. The engine seems to make very loud ticking noise when its cold out and warming up. I can easily hear it outside the car. Once its warmed up it goes away but there iif you open the hood it still has some ticking happening. Is this normal for these vehicles? I also just had the oil changed at 3500km at the ford dealership just to be safe.

Other than those two concerns I really enjoy this vehicle and its been great in the snow, even in Toronto Ontario.

We purchased an MKX, but did test drive a Limited Edge. Evidently this particular Edge was on the lot for a long time, and parked on an incline. When the sales person drove it up to us, I heard a loud ticking noise and opened the hood. The sales person said that the oil was just down in the pan due to the angle that the car was sitting. After it warmed up, it went away.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I'll say something at the dealership when it goes in for an oil change.

However has anyone else experienced the lagged transmission shifts when you gun the car? Maybe I need to get a computer tuner to change the shift points.

My Edge is constantly parked on an incline at home and it would make sense that some ticking would be heard on startup...about the lag in the tranny. There are several post in here regarding that....just remember to punch it before you normally would (in other cars) while merging.

I have a 2008 Ford Edge SEL with 4000km on it. I too have the ticking noise and was told it's the injectors warming up. My transmission I would say shifts the same as yours.

The main 2 issues I have is: poor heat in both drivers vents, yet passenger's vents are fine and condensation in the front driver's side headlight lens and rear driver's tail light lens.

No matter what I di with the air flow or up/down temp settings I notice no difference .. hmmmm

********************************************************************************

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 09 Edge AWD Limited and I wanted to introduce myself to the forum and ask a few questions about 2 issues that concern me.

1. The transmission is very smooth however when I really hit the gas hard and it downshifts it seems to hold the gear right up to 6200 then shifts rather slowly especially if I let up on the gas at say 5000. Is this normal with these transmissions? Most auto's i've had (granted they were 4speed) would change gears once I let up on the gas.

2. The engine seems to make very loud ticking noise when its cold out and warming up. I can easily hear it outside the car. Once its warmed up it goes away but there iif you open the hood it still has some ticking happening. Is this normal for these vehicles? I also just had the oil changed at 3500km at the ford dealership just to be safe.

Other than those two concerns I really enjoy this vehicle and its been great in the snow, even in Toronto Ontario.

I have a 2008 Ford Edge SEL with 4000km on it. I too have the ticking noise and was told it's the injectors warming up. My transmission I would say shifts the same as yours.

The main 2 issues I have is: poor heat in both drivers vents, yet passenger's vents are fine and condensation in the front driver's side headlight lens and rear driver's tail light lens.

No matter what I di with the air flow or up/down temp settings I notice no difference .. hmmmm

********************************************************************************

Re the heating issue, see the 2008 Edge forum. There have been reported issues with various actuators and some problems (I was one) who had to have the heater core replaced