Rattle- 2007 Edge

I've got a nagging rattle in my 07 Edge.

It sounds as though it's in the area of the front drivers side door lock or maybe in the drivers side seat belt retraction mechanism. I've had it checked by the dealer once already with no results. I'd like to be able to isolate it further before taking it in again so as to improve the odds of them finding it.

Anyone had the same or similar issue?

It sounds as though it's in the area of the front drivers side door lock or maybe in the drivers side seat belt retraction mechanism. I've had it checked by the dealer once already with no results. I'd like to be able to isolate it further before taking it in again so as to improve the odds of them finding it.

Is it a rattle, or more of a creaking noise. Try spraying some WD-40 into the latch mechanism on the door and see if that helps. Do all the doors. If its a creaking noise that may help, if its a rattle it may not. Either way its worth a try.

I have a similar rattle in my 07 on the driver's side. It sounds like it's coming from the back door and sounds kind of like something tapping glass. I've already had the BAMR interior trim rattle corrected and it's still holding up, so I can't figure out what it is either.

Let me know if you take it back to the dealer and they find something. I haven't been able to take mine in for that yet and if I turn the radio up, it over powers the noise, so I've just dealt with at thsi point.

Is it a rattle, or more of a creaking noise. Try spraying some WD-40 into the latch mechanism on the door and see if that helps. Do all the doors. If its a creaking noise that may help, if its a rattle it may not. Either way its worth a try.

Yes, it is more of creaking....kind of metal on metal or plastic sound. It seems to do it when the body flexes when going around a corner at slow speeds or over a speed bump in a parking lot. I can almost duplicate it by setting up the right scenario.

Yes, it is more of creaking....kind of metal on metal or plastic sound. It seems to do it when the body flexes when going around a corner at slow speeds or over a speed bump in a parking lot. I can almost duplicate it by setting up the right scenario.

Do you have the 18" chrome clad wheels? That has been a source of the creaking that you describe but I have never experienced that.

If you have some WD-40 around, try spraying it on the latches like I said. I think that will fix it and save you a trip to the dealership.

You were indeed correct. I sprayed some Slick 50 in the door latch mechanism and presto!

Thank you for your insight and expertise.....