Warning sound at 25km distance travelled

Sylvester

Welcome to the Forum, Sylvester!

I understand from your Forum message that your Edge is a 2015 SEL 2.0L EcoBoost.

The following Edge Workshop Manual Warning Chimes section describes the source and characteristics of Edge audible warning chimes...

Documents download link> 

Warning Chimes - System Operation and Component Description - 2015 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Seatbelt Minder Deactivating-Activating - General Procedures - 2015 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

I see the Lane Keeping Alert Warning System Chime is a triple 1/4-second chime pattern for hands-off the steering wheel, but Lane Keeping is not operable below 64km/hr (40 mph), so that doesn't fit your circumstances.

The PRNDL Not In Park Warning Chime is a triple 1/2-second chime pattern, but it is accompanied by a Not In Park text box in the Message Center, so that clearly doesn't fit either.

Look over the Warning Chimes document to see if any described system/circumstance fits what your Edge exhibits -- if there is a next time.

The Belt-Minder Feature chime fits the profile of low speed/starting out, so take a closer look at that description, perhaps, in case you had a weighty item on the passenger seat.

Getting your Edge scanned for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) may be useful, if the condition persists.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz

Hi Haz,

Thank you for taking the time to send those responses. I was actually referring to a warming Chime exactly at a distance of 25km and not speed of 25km/hr. I have edited the topic to make it clearer. 

Nothing in the manual about this warning chime. 

• 1004ron changed the title to Warning sound at 25km distance travelled