"MyTrends" on navigation - how to disable

Ref: 2022 Ford Edge ST with built-in Ford Nav.

Why does a "MyTrends™" display box pop up on occasion on my map screen and suggest I can go to "AA Appliance Repair" and other unrequested crap?  How do I turn MyTrends off?  I cannot find a way in "settings" or "Tools" on the Infotainment system.

I usually travel with the infotainment display showing the native Navigation map.  If I really need to navigate to an address, I use the Maps app in Apple Car Play, and switch my screen to that, because it's easier to get dropped pins, contact addresses, etc., on my phone.  Plus I'm used to using that.

I'm trying to understand this Ford infotainment system and Sync, and where this MyTrends is located.

From what I have been able to figure out, the native map and navigation that is built-in to the Ford Infotainment system must be some kind of Garmin partnership.  When I look up "MyTrends" online, I can only find a reference to Garmin, and it only references Garmin devices.  There is nothing in the searches directly addressing MyTrends with Ford, or Sync.  I think Sync is only the Microsoft partnership that is the interface between the phone and the Infotainment system,  and so not a home for "MyTrends".

There is a "MyTrends" on the menu in Settings, but it only allows for resetting the app, which I imagine only wipes the history that they generate the suggestions ("Trends"?) from.

How do I get rid of this unwanted and annoying item?

Barry

Edited by barryadam