MKX Headlights

daf290

I just bought an '08 MKX that has adaptive headlight. These are the ones that turn with the steering wheel. The headlights are broken and I am trying to buy some junk yard or Ebay replacements.

I get conflicting information if all headlights on MKX are the same or if some are not adaptive and some are. Does anyone know for sure if there are two types of headlights for an '08 MKX or two types?

Doug

I just bought an '08 MKX that has adaptive headlight. These are the ones that turn with the steering wheel. The headlights are broken and I am trying to buy some junk yard or Ebay replacements.

I get conflicting information if all headlights on MKX are the same or if some are not adaptive and some are. Does anyone know for sure if there are two types of headlights for an '08 MKX or two types?

Doug

Did you buy it "as is no warranty"?

ab

Doug

Hi Doug. :D The Adaptive Headlights for the 2008 MKX are offered as "Available". That would make them optional. So there would be two types: Fixed and Adaptive.

Sorry for the dumb question, but are you sure your MKX has Adaptive Headlights and they are broken? Perhaps it does not have the Adaptive Headlight option?

Also, in addition to the question ablb asked as to whether you purchased your vehicle "as-is": Were you aware that 2008 Lincolns come with a 4 year/50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty, and that Warranty automatically transfers to a buyer of a used Lincoln?

So unless your MKX has an unusually high amount of mileage, it should still be covered under the "Bumper to Bumper Warranty". As long as the headlights housings were not damaged due to some sort of accident/impact/vandalism etc., you can have them fixed under Warranty.

Perhaps you already know this information and that is why you are looking to replace them yourself, but I figured I should mention it just in case. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the replies.

I bought the vehicle crashed which is why I need new headlights. It definately has adaptive headlights. It appears to me that there are actually three types of headlights, non adaptive, adaptive and adaptive with Lincoln scribed in the lense somewhere that are on the limited edition only.

I often see headlights for sale but there seems to be confusion about what they actually are. The control box on the bottom of the headlight looks like an HID transformer and many believe that they are HID's. I don't know if the non adaptive headlights also have this control box.

I want to be sure that I purchase the correct headlight.

Thanks for the replies.

I bought the vehicle crashed which is why I need new headlights. It definately has adaptive headlights. It appears to me that there are actually three types of headlights, non adaptive, adaptive and adaptive with Lincoln scribed in the lense somewhere that are on the limited edition only.

I often see headlights for sale but there seems to be confusion about what they actually are. The control box on the bottom of the headlight looks like an HID transformer and many believe that they are HID's. I don't know if the non adaptive headlights also have this control box.

I want to be sure that I purchase the correct headlight.

Hi Doug. :D Large parts such as headlights "usually" have the part# molded somewhere on the body of the part. Can you find the part number on yours? There will be one there, then you just need to be sure you purchase the same part numbers. You can also ask your local Lincoln-Mercury Dealer what the correct part number is for your particular MKX. You do not have to purchase it from them.

Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to the "control box" question.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Doug, I'd recommend using www.car-part.com to find your headlights. Car-Part clearly shows the 3 headlight types that you refer to. I also repair cars (rebuildables) and I use this site for my used parts. It's a database of salvage yards all over the country. Good luck, the site listed:

(halogen), w/o adaptive aiming; R.

(halogen), w/o adaptive aiming; L.

(halogen), w/adaptive aiming, w/o Lincoln insignia; R.

(halogen), w/adaptive aiming, w/Lincoln insignia (Limited pkg), R.

(halogen), w/adaptive aiming, w/o Lincoln insignia; L.

(halogen), w/adaptive aiming, w/Lincoln insignia (Limited pkg), L.

• 2 years later...