2012 Edge LTD Sunroof Opening - Fail

Kwmck

My 2012 Ford edge LTD sunroof has not been opened in about 1 year. Currently, the sun shade/visor(s)  move fully back, and the front glass lifts fully but will not move back from that point. Holding the switch in the open position I can hear a (wheel) clicking sound... with no movement. I can close the glass followed by the sun shade closure.  

I have read about a reset feature of the passenger side switch, holding it forward for about 20 seconds with the power on, and I would hear a click when the Reset is complete. Is this a possability?

On 9/24/2023 at 7:49 PM, Kwmck said:

My 2012 Ford edge LTD sunroof has not been opened in about 1 year. Currently, the sun shade/visor(s)  move fully back, and the front glass lifts fully but will not move back from that point. Holding the switch in the open position I can hear a (wheel) clicking sound... with no movement. I can close the glass followed by the sun shade closure.  

I have read about a reset feature of the passenger side switch, holding it forward for about 20 seconds with the power on, and I would hear a click when the Reset is complete. Is this a possability?

that clicking sound you hear is likely the drive mechanism slipping on worn teeth.

I dont recommend you keep trying to open it, because you have a high risk of having it stuck open if you do get it past that point..