fill location for Air Lift air springs

Anyone have these and a cleaver concealed but easy to get to to add air from a compressor?

I frequently load a reasonable amount of stuff (half of the cargo area is a dog crate with 2 ten pounds dogs) in the cargo area on my 2019 Edge SEL without adaptive headlights. Apparently it is enough to cause 50% of the people coming towards me to flash their high beams, and those I am traveling behind to slow down let me by and zing me with high beams. I don't think the vehicle has been in an accident and the headlights replaced or removed. I did the procedure in the owners manual for vertical alignment (checking, I didn't adjust it) and it seemed dead on. I will probably check it again, and maybe adjust it down. I assume it is like HID and the cut off is below the center line, and the hot spot to the right is on the line.

But I think the best solution is Air Lift 1000 bags to run a little air in them when I have stuff in the cargo area.

I have only found a few examples of places people have mounted the fill stem, and those are independent ones (which I did with my 1997 Mark VIII but for fine tuning side to side for launching), and those are in the hitch receiver retainer pin holes. I don't have a hitch yet, and when I do, it will be used.

Other vehicles I have seen them mounted in the fuel fill area, my older cars I mounted them under the bumpers (but they had metal bumpers, not bumper covers), as one of the license plate mounts (back panel wasn't attached to the deck lid or cargo door like the Edge).

It should be easy to get to, but doesn't need to be overly so. It will be one common fill.

• Like 1

I have them on my 2020 SEL AWD. I ran them above my curt hitch & conceal it behind the bumper cover when not in use.  The I use my portable air compressor which I keep in the hatch area & inflate them. Makes a nice difference when traveling with a lot of cargo in the back. 

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1