Rust proofing

ADHCpilot

Hello just received a 2024 Ford edge, I know its talked about on other forms, but I was looking into rust proofing here in Canada (Krown, Rust Check, Corrosion free). I asked 2 separate dealers, and a family member who works at one of these dealers and they said that the rustproofing could void the warranty on certain parts if they are contaminated by oil. I tried to contact Ford directly but got the standard answer about making modifications. Any one have any insight to this?

If the dealer doesn't do it, it certainly could affect a warranty claim. That would depend on how the dealer submits the claim to Ford. This is similar to reprogramming the ecm for more speed or power and over revving or running too rich or lean and creating damage to engine. I bring this up as I saw a new Vet getting a new engine at owner's expense. He removed programming before sending it dealer, "black box" saw the changes and GM denied claim. Ouch.

Adding rust proofing is very unlikely to void a warranty unless it's rock guard that is sloppily applied(don't do rock guard, this is what most dealers apply). If an oil undercoating some how affected something enough to cause a problem then splashing through a puddle would too. Comparing oil coating to a tune is not comparable at all.