Flashing CEL with PO300 code

Ollie45

The other day when the wife was driving our 2013 Edge with the 3.5, the check engine light came on and started flashing. It idles and runs rough after sitting at a light or stop sign, but runs fine again once driving for a 1/2 mile or so. Put a scanner on it today and it came up with codes P0300-00, P0301-00,P0302-00,PO303-00, P0316-00 and P0420-00.

This is the same car that had major oil sludge issues that i (knock on wood) finally got rid of for now. I have also changed the valve covers, VCT solenoids, and oil pressure switch and spark plugs.

Now it is once again running really rough at idle. 

Any suggestions where to start? I'm assuming maybe it could be an ignition coil or two? 

Thoughts or comments?

Thanks

how long have you owned your edge? mileage? maintenance history esp oil and coolant? how do oil and coolant look:? any mixing? over/underfilled?

best we can hope for is coils, plugs, and/or pcm. not surprised you are getting misfires on bank 1, usually where it happens. the general misfire code is what worries me. could be pcm failure driving this. to fix you would repair the pcm and replace plugs/coils all in 1 go.

the cat code may be a downstream consequence of all this.

there is a real possibility you are looking at timing chain and/or wp failure.  put your vehicle on an obd scanner and note the errors on both intake and exhaust solenoids on both banks.

4 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

how long have you owned your edge? mileage? maintenance history esp oil and coolant? how do oil and coolant look:? any mixing? over/underfilled?

best we can hope for is coils, plugs, and/or pcm. not surprised you are getting misfires on bank 1, usually where it happens. the general misfire code is what worries me. could be pcm failure driving this. to fix you would repair the pcm and replace plugs/coils all in 1 go.

the cat code may be a downstream consequence of all this.

there is a real possibility you are looking at timing chain and/or wp failure.  put your vehicle on an obd scanner and note the errors on both intake and exhaust solenoids on both banks.

I have owned the vehicle since last April i believe. It was a hot mess when i got it. The previous owner failed to perform regular oil changes and the engine was pretty slugged up. I ended up doing multiple kerosene flushes (not while running) to remove some of the sludge and eventually replaced the valve covers and VVT solenoids.

I also replaced the alternator, purge sensor, and oil pressure switch just recently because the oil pressure was reading low while at idle. I found it was leaking and was a cheap easy fix and does seem to have fixed this issue.

The Spark plugs were also changed when the valve covers were off. 

The oil looks fine, it only has a few hundred miles since changed. The oil has been changed at-least 7-8 times since i have owned because of the sludge issues, not to mention how many times i have screened the oil and reused for a week or so during the sludge removal.

I hope it is just a bad coil, i am really tired of dumping money into the car, lol.

Thanks for your response!