Rear window not defogging/defrosting

Hello folks, 2011 Edge FWD 3.5L engine here:  I've been trying to fix this problem with no luck.

Since a few weeks ago (outside temp still above 0 C / 32 F) I noticed that my rear window was getting fogged.  Upon pressing the button to activate the rear window defroster nothing happened on the rear window, it remained fogged.  This button also activates the heated mirrors, which do heat up.

Because the mirrors heat up after I press the rear defrost button, I think there shouldn't be a problem with the relay in location # 11 (rear window defroster / heated mirror relay).

I checked and replaced anyway the fuse in location # 26 (rear window defroster).  Still no heat coming on the rear window.

I don't know where else to look/check.  Please help me fix this problem.  Here in Canada, because the extreme and sudden difference in temp between the outside and the inside, windows get fogged very often.  Also, the rear window gets ice and/or snow that makes the window fogging inside often as well.

Thanks in advance for any help, hints and/or directions for me to go check.

PS: I posted here but I wasn't sure if this is the right forum.  Mods, please feel free to move it to a more suitable forum.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks:

I posted this post over a month ago but I haven't received any comments, I don't know if I posted in the wrong forum.  If so, mods please move it to an appropriate forum.

Meanwhile I'm gong to clarify something, just in case I used the wrong description:

The problem is on the trunk/cargo lid window, that window is not defrosting when I press the defrost button, the mirrors heat up but not the trunk/cargo lid window.

Please let me know where I should troubleshoot to resolve that issue.

Many thanks in advance.

It has been awhile since it happened to me, but I had a cut common trace that I had to repair with a special paint, and I have had the wiring connector pull off. This is where they are on my 2019, I carefully slightly pulled the interior cover on the drivers top of the rear window to expose them.

53510397292_8150e1c3b8_o.jpg