The fix is simple but expensive depending on the type you have.  If you have the lower trim version then congrats you got off cheap ($200) if you have the SONY then I am sorry you get to spend over $500 to get a USED one to replace the failed SONY.  I am in that boat and bit the bullet so to speak and bought an EBAY replacement. Yep it works and now everything is functioning.  Good now maybe.  I have a volunteer that is going to tear into the FCIM and carefully try to repair the FCIM or at least try to determine if it can be repaired.   I predict this issue will only increase in frequency as the parts are now approaching 12 plus years old with lots of heat and cold cycles to help the failures and vibrations etc. Ford Has see fit to discontinued nearly every FCIM I have searched for.  Maybe you can get a new one by filling out the special form at the Ford Dealership but you will have to try to figure that out.  Right now used is about the best and only choice.