Troubleshooting - Electrical

DEEz

I've been a member here a while & have had/have Escapes, Edges, Lincoln Mkx & now a mercury Mariner in the family which have similar systems.

I recently bought a non running 2010 mercury Mariner with the 2.5L (non-ecoboost) & I've come across strange symptoms.

No codes showing from my basic code scanner (the battery was dead & had been sitting up almost a year).

I found 1 ignition key/fob (out of the 2 key/fobs i have) that would not activate the starter (i even replaced the fob batteries), the dash screen will show "No Mykeys programmed" & 2 Admin keys programmed).

I'm NOT getting a fast flash of the theft light on the dash (did get the fast light with the bad key & likely was in use when the vehicle shut off with the previous owner).

The engine will run (& stay running) on starting fluid but I'm not getting any rpm input from my foot on the throttle (throttle by wire).

Without using starting fluid the engine will start & run for like 3 seconds, i can recycle the key a couple times until i hear the pump activate again & it will start/run 3 seconds again & again (seems like PATS is responsible but I'm not getting the fast dash light).

I don't see a manual access port to check the fuel pressure.

When I pull 1 of the 3 connectors off the computer & reinstall it i do hear the throttle body operate & possibly sweeping (resetting).

I tried connecting forscan the other day with a "no connection" as the response but that was before I found i had 1 bad key fob so I plan to try it again.

Oh, when I was checking the relays under the hood I noticed 1 of the radiator fans would operate constantly (wasn't sure if its a separate issue or a symptom of the main issue.

Does anyone have any incite?

Thanks

Edited by DEEz