Washer pump not running for rear wipers

2022 Edge Titanium, 35k miles, purchased 6 weeks ago.

-Front & rear washers were working when above freezing

-During +5 degrees F, 300 mile trip home with dry snow, neither front nor back worked.  Wipers came on for a few swipes but only rear fluid "oozed", not sprayed, then it stopped also.  I purchased some -20 degree blue fluid and when adding it noticed coating of ice in filler neck.  Blue fluid went through the thin ice in the neck but only could hold a few ounces.  Assumed someone had filled it with water.  With the cold temp and dry snow it wasn't a big problem on the trip.

-Front washers thawed overnight in garage.  Emptied the tank and refilled.  Rear still frozen a few days later, It's not thawed near the garage door.  

-I've just noticed when trying rear washers I can't hear the pump.  I should be hearing the pump even if there's no fluid due to frozen water still in the rear line? 

-Any thoughts?  I'm a newbie here, this is my first post.  Looking forward to years of shared advice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 10:19 AM, SavageDL said:

2022 Edge Titanium, 35k miles, purchased 6 weeks ago.

-Front & rear washers were working when above freezing

-During +5 degrees F, 300 mile trip home with dry snow, neither front nor back worked.  Wipers came on for a few swipes but only rear fluid "oozed", not sprayed, then it stopped also.  I purchased some -20 degree blue fluid and when adding it noticed coating of ice in filler neck.  Blue fluid went through the thin ice in the neck but only could hold a few ounces.  Assumed someone had filled it with water.  With the cold temp and dry snow it wasn't a big problem on the trip.

-Front washers thawed overnight in garage.  Emptied the tank and refilled.  Rear still frozen a few days later, It's not thawed near the garage door.  

-I've just noticed when trying rear washers I can't hear the pump.  I should be hearing the pump even if there's no fluid due to frozen water still in the rear line? 

-Any thoughts?  I'm a newbie here, this is my first post.  Looking forward to years of shared advice.

Glad you found the fuses popped. Concerning the frozen rear washer, I had that hapoen to me right after I bought the car. Appeariently the dealer in his wondrous wisdom, filed the washer bottle with tap water.

The front thawed from engine heat, but the rear didn't due to the long run of hose inside the ceiling. Finally got it to thaw when I got the cabin hot enough to warm the hose. (Also sprayed the rear nozzle with ice melt).

• Like 1