2011 edge high beams not working

Hi, 

When I pull the lever for bright lights, nothing happens. No sound, no dash light, no change in the head lights.

The lever feels normal, it has a click when I pull it back, it just doesn't register. 

This is a different headlight setup than I am used to, I don't know where to start trouble shooting.

I did check all the fuses under the dash, all good.

Any ideas where to look first?

Edited by Reid
More info

Don't expect any more light when using the brights, there's just a shutter that moves which allows the light to go higher. The halogen projectors on 11-14 Edges are so bad they're borderline dangerous.

Edited by fishx65

I think that 2011-2012 that it was pull, not push. You pull it back far enough for it to "click" for high beams, or only slightly for "flash to pass". Weird that it isn't the normal, and not what previous or since Edge's or most Fords work.

If you have a wall on front of you, this is low beam (note the cut off line, I also have the fog lights on...and this is a different vehicle but has halogen projectors and not bi-halogen that is why the cut off remains for the high beams):

49632862092_5dc65ccfde_o.jpg

and high beams have a much bigger hot spot:

49632864067_69e1a1a4da_o.jpg

Edited by dabangsta
  • Like 1