Anyone ever remove the headlight reflector?

About 5 years ago, I put Xenon bulbs in my wife's '16 SEL, while brighter, we still can't see sh## infront of us, I feel the little chrome caps inside the headlight is to blame. Before I start trying to yank it out of there, just wondering if anyone else has done this?

If the halogen housings, low beam is a projector lens, and high beam is bare bulb in reflector housing. The "chrome caps" are generally only over low beam reflector housings to shape the light and reduce glare. If yours had these, and you yanked them, then you would have 2 high beam lights. My daily driver has projector beams with H11 bulbs, and only when the wiring was burnt and 1/4 power was going to the bulb did I have issues with the light output, but I grew up driving cars before even sealed beam candle output lights. I would kill to have the LEDs in my 2019 replaced with a projector style with H11s, they are annoying to me as a driver and to all oncoming traffic if I have more than 100 pounds in the cargo area.

I changed the headlights on my old 2016 and the first time I saw them in the dark they were way off kilter. It turns out it is a pain to get the socket lined up in the slots and turned in properly, and if they're off just a little bit it throws the beam off a lot. I guess what I'm saying is check the socket alignment.