2019 edge st has 265/40r21 can I run 265/50r20?

joryb

I have a 2019 edge st. It had a 265/40r21 tire now. I have 20" rims with the correct 245/50r20 with some pretty worn snow tires. 

I was tire shopping and a local place has a 265/50r20. Curious if they would fit. I would think so due to the 21" rims having a 265 width. But agin I'm not sure and I know offset of the rims could effect this ad well. 

They do look awfully close to the strut when the 20s are on. 

Thanks!

I think that you want to put the 20" rims back on your Edge, replacing the OEM tire size which is 245/50R20 with tires you found at a dealer with(24,26,27)(195,190,182)265/50R20 sized tires. I used to sell tires and here is the scoop. The 265/50R20 tires have a diameter of 30.5 inches and width of 10.4 inches. The 245/50R20 tires have a diameter of 29.7 inches and width of 9.6 inches. The 265/40R21 tires have a diameter of 29.3 inches and width of 10.4 inches. If someone wanted to do this in my old shop, we would have to mount the new tires on the wheels and see if they fit. It is really anybody's guess. Changing tire size has two side effects. Vehicles are tuned for ride quality with the OEM tire size. Changing the tire size will have an negative effect on ride quality. Also, since the number of revolutions of the new tires will not be same as the OEM tires, your speedometer will not reflect the correct speed.

Edited by 1004ron
Stick to the standard formatting and font