Howdy Folks

crazyeddie

Hi Folks, I'm selling my Explorer on Monday and am looking at replacing it with an 09 Edge Limited.

I have made contact with a dealer who found an Edge to my liking in WV and has offered to go get it. It is White Platinum CC Metallic with black leather interior, Cargo Package, rubber mats, Panoramic Vista Roof and Nav. List on this is 37,260 and he wants to sell it for 33,135 after the 2000 Ford rebate. Can you all provide me with some opinions on this deal or at least confirm that he is in the ballpark. I have a second vehicle(2005 C6 Corvette) so it is not imparative that I purchase immediately. What do you all think?? Thanks in advance--Ed

Hi Folks, I'm selling my Explorer on Monday and am looking at replacing it with an 09 Edge Limited.

I have made contact with a dealer who found an Edge to my liking in WV and has offered to go get it. It is White Platinum CC Metallic with black leather interior, Cargo Package, rubber mats, Panoramic Vista Roof and Nav. List on this is 37,260 and he wants to sell it for 33,135 after the 2000 Ford rebate. Can you all provide me with some opinions on this deal or at least confirm that he is in the ballpark. I have a second vehicle(2005 C6 Corvette) so it is not imparative that I purchase immediately. What do you all think?? Thanks in advance--Ed

Hi crazyeddie. :D If you can furnish us with the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership (where the Edge is now located) and the Edge's VIN, we can tell you the exact Factory Invoice Price if the vehicle. That will allow us to give you a much more accurate answer.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi crazyeddie. :D If you can furnish us with the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership (where the Edge is now located) and the Edge's VIN, we can tell you the exact Factory Invoice Price if the vehicle. That will allow us to give you a much more accurate answer.

Thanks so much for your quick response. All I have is what looks like a copy of the window sticker, however it does not show the dealer's name or location. The salesman did state to me that it was located in W.V. and the dealer that gave me the quote is in Columbia Maryland. The vin is :

2FMDK39C79B A45194. Thanks for any assistance that you can provide--ce

As a further to the above, I tried logging onto a website printed at the bottom of the window sticker copy and it required a secure logon to procede. The website was d2d.dealerconnection.com

Edited by crazyeddie

Thanks so much for your quick response. All I have is what looks like a copy of the window sticker, however it does not show the dealer's name or location. The salesman did state to me that it was located in W.V. and the dealer that gave me the quote is in Columbia Maryland. The vin is :

2FMDK39C79B A45194. Thanks for any assistance that you can provide--ce

As a further to the above, I tried logging onto a website printed at the bottom of the window sticker copy and it required a secure logon to procede. The website was d2d.dealerconnection.com

Hi crazyeddie. :D To access the pricing on the Ford site, I first need the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership. Then I can search that Dealerships Inventory for the particular VIN. Without the name and ZIP, I would have to search every Dealer in West Virgina randomly, until I found the right vehicle. Unfortunately, I can not do that.

If you can call your Dealership and find out the name and ZIP of the Dealership where the Edge is located, I would be glad to help.

Hi crazyeddie. :D To access the pricing on the Ford site, I first need the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership. Then I can search that Dealerships Inventory for the particular VIN. Without the name and ZIP, I would have to search every Dealer in West Virgina randomly, until I found the right vehicle. Unfortunately, I can not do that.

If you can call your Dealership and find out the name and ZIP of the Dealership where the Edge is located, I would be glad to help.

Thanks but I don't think that my dealer wants to give up this info for fear I'll go there directly and buy. That has been my experience that they don't give up that info. Based on the msrp, do you think that it is reasonable to expect a 15% discount? What I'm looking for is a fair price and I fully understand the need for the selling dealer to make a profit, --e

Thanks but I don't think that my dealer wants to give up this info for fear I'll go there directly and buy. That has been my experience that they don't give up that info. Based on the msrp, do you think that it is reasonable to expect a 15% discount? What I'm looking for is a fair price and I fully understand the need for the selling dealer to make a profit, --e

Hi crazyeddie. :D This is hard to explain, but you do not figure what is/is not a good price by figuring what the percentage is that you are getting off of the MSRP (Window Sticker). That is falling right into the Dealers trap. You figure a good price by basing it off the Factory Invoice Price.

I mean absolutely no offense towards anyone, but while others may be willing to give you advice with inadequate/minimal information, it is not necessarily advice that you should follow. There are far too many variables left unknown with the extreme minimum of information that you have at the moment.

If I am going to give good (and accurate) advice to someone, I prefer not to just wing it. If there is not enough information, I will not guess. I will leave the guessing to others.

Here is another option: Go to forddirect.com and follow the links to "Search Inventory". You search by ZIP Codes. Find a vehicle which is equipped like the one you are interested in (or close). When you find a suitable vehicle, come back and post the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership, the model and trim level (i.e Edge SE, SEL etc.), the color and the VIN. Then I can find the true Inventory Price for you.

With that information I can then give you an accurate answer as to whether a price is a good deal.

If you would like the assistance, post back with that information.

I purchased an '09 Edge in Missouri 3 weeks ago and it has the following options:

- Limited

- Vista

- Nav

- 20's

- Cargo package

- Towing package

The sticker price with everything mentioned above was just over $38k. I have a good relationship with the dealer so he knocked off all the fluff and lowered the price to $34k. BUT - my father in-law works for Ford so we received his A-plan pricing and that was also included in the drop from $38k to $34k. From my conversations with him, it seems like the A-plan knocked about $600.

Then you take off the Ford discounts which vary by zip code. In MO, it was $2k off PLUS $1k off if you were moving to a Ford vehicle from another car made after 1997. So a total of $3k.

Bottom line - I purchased the car for $31,008 from a sticker of $38,000.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all of the informative responses. Haven't purchased yet, can't seem to find just the right one in stock. Most of the dealers in my area only have one or two Limiteds in stock. I'm working with a fine young salesman who is doing his best to find me the perfect Edge. They are really giving great discounts on leftover 08's, but since I want the new Nav with the built in hard drive, I've got to go with an 09. The search continues--e

Thanks for all of the informative responses. Haven't purchased yet, can't seem to find just the right one in stock. Most of the dealers in my area only have one or two Limiteds in stock. I'm working with a fine young salesman who is doing his best to find me the perfect Edge. They are really giving great discounts on leftover 08's, but since I want the new Nav with the built in hard drive, I've got to go with an 09. The search continues--e

Hi crazyeddie. :D Have you thought about Factory Ordering the exact Edge you would like, instead of buying from stock?

Personally, I always Factory Order my cars. In this way you get the exact vehicle you want, in the interior and exterior colors you prefer. You do not wind up with a vehicle that is missing options you wanted, and you do not have to pay for options you did not want. You do not have to "settle for" a vehicle that is "close enough" to what you wanted.

If you have the time to wait the 6-8 weeks for a Factory Order, it is the perfect way to get exactly what you want.

Just thought I would throw the idea out there.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi crazyeddie. :D Have you thought about Factory Ordering the exact Edge you would like, instead of buying from stock?

Personally, I always Factory Order my cars. In this way you get the exact vehicle you want, in the interior and exterior colors you prefer. You do not wind up with a vehicle that is missing options you wanted, and you do not have to pay for options you did not want. You do not have to "settle for" a vehicle that is "close enough" to what you wanted.

If you have the time to wait the 6-8 weeks for a Factory Order, it is the perfect way to get exactly what you want.

Just thought I would throw the idea out there.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for the suggestion, as a matter of fact I asked the salesman today about ordering and his response was 8 weeks. I would have thought that in this economy they would be able to turn an order around faster than that. That was just too long for me to wait. I do have a garage queen(C6 Corvette) but would rather not have to drive it all of the time. The vehicle which I bought did have a few things on it that I didn't care about, but it was the best one available within a reasonable distance. I did learn that some early 09's were built with NAV systems not including the 10 gig hard drive. The one I purchased was produced in January and does have the latest and greatest NAV. I figured if I was going to pay that much for a NAV it better be the latest. I have a Garmin Nuvi which works just fine, just liked the integrated Factory Nav. Wasn't crazy about the 20 inch rims but do like a firmer ride so I bit the bullet on that one. Actually the only Edge wheels that I really like are the standard painted wheels on the SEL. I'm quite excited about taking delivery, looks like a nice vehicle and it'll have lots of toys to play with :hyper: CE

Well, took delivery on Saturday the 7th. The salesman immediately informed me that the headliner for the moonroof was defective. Seems that when you opened it up, it would just sag down toward the rear seat. Not good. At least they were up front about it and I still had the check. I decided to trust the dealership to fix the problem and took the car. That certainly gave the control of the situation to them. They had to order some parts and today they worked on it for 8 hours and it now retracts correctly into who knows where and closes properly also. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but it seems to be fixed at least for now. Love the new vehicle and Sync is eons better than anything else I've seen or heard. The bluetooth connection to my phone was a snap and that really works great. I have XM in my Corvette and the Sirius is even better in the Edge. Already received the Weathertech mats and cargo liner. If you are looking for good made in America stuff I highly recommend Weathertech. I've had their products in 3 Explorers and it really holds up. Already got 1 coat of Rejex on it and looking to do more. Thanks again for all the good threads, I'm learning a lot about this vehicle--CE