Anyone with an MKX

Fomoco

Hi,

Interested in hearing from those with a '09 (or '08 ) Lincoln MKX.

The wife and I are seriously looking at the new MKX. We like both the interior and exterior

plus the features and appointments.

Whats your experience with quality, dependibility, ride, comfort, fit and finish etc, etc.

Thanks.

We have an '08 MKX AWD Monochrome (black) edition with 32,000 km on the odometer and are extremely happy with the vehicle. The fit and finish are great and there have not been any problems with it to this point. The AWD is excellent in the snow (along with winter tires). It is very comfortable and is great on long trips. We did not purchase the navigation system but we do have the THX system which is great! While most vehicles now have heated seats, the MKX has cooled seats that actually work well in the hot months (few have this feature). The huge sunroof is something I would not think twice about...it is wonderful (I am 6'2 and there is no problem with headroom). We have had the vehicle since November, 2007 and servicing so far has only been for oil changes.

This is a great vehicle and would certainly make the purchase again.

Thanks for the reply. That's good to know the MKX is a good vehicle to seriously consider. It looks and feels like a quality CUV.

We are looking to get the Ultimate pkg along with the Elite option, 20" wheels, tow hitch. We like the black exterior but won't be getting

the monochrome option. Charcoal interior with piping.

We have an '08 MKX AWD Monochrome (black) edition with 32,000 km on the odometer and are extremely happy with the vehicle. The fit and finish are great and there have not been any problems with it to this point. The AWD is excellent in the snow (along with winter tires). It is very comfortable and is great on long trips. We did not purchase the navigation system but we do have the THX system which is great! While most vehicles now have heated seats, the MKX has cooled seats that actually work well in the hot months (few have this feature). The huge sunroof is something I would not think twice about...it is wonderful (I am 6'2 and there is no problem with headroom). We have had the vehicle since November, 2007 and servicing so far has only been for oil changes.

We've had zero problems on our 08 (May) with 15+K miles.

We didn't get the hole in the roof because our 04 BMW X3 had a big one and you couldn't open it above 40 MPH because of a pressure build up causing a BOOMing noise.

The only thing I would change:

It really bothers me that we paid $800 for plastic glued on (20") HUB CAPS.

ab

The 09 Edge will be my 6th Ford since 1991, 3 Explorers, 1 Grand Marquis and 1 Mustang GT. All fine cars, with a minimum of problems. Enjoy the MKX, a bit out of my price range so went with the Edge Limited--ce

• 2 weeks later...

We've got a brand new 08. Love the car, but right now I'm kind of interested in the whole HID vs. non-HID issue that I posted in another thread. We test drove a few vehicles before deciding on the MKX. Hands down MKX won the challenge. Good thing the dealer drop tagged 12K off sticker on a loaded 08, or else we would probably still be saving up our money. We've had an issue with our Vista Roof/BAMR already, but hopefully that's been solved. Otherwise it's a quality piece. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

I just traded in my 07 MKX (loaded) with 22,000 miles and last week picked up my 09 MKX pretty much loaded including the 20" wheels.

I loved the 07 and took it three times to the beach house in Gulf Shores and once to the Smokey Mountains; rides great on long trips and now I like the 09 even more; gas mileage seems better, the nav system with Sync is over the top and even has weather radar with the Sirius Travel Link.

My 07 stayed on the dealer lot exactly 2 hours before it was sold!

Love the vehicle. . . .