2011 edge Injectors replaced now Code 0300

canucklehead

replaced injectors on my 2011 Edge. I removed fuel rail and then individually pushed each injector into each hole, then re-mounted fuel rail, re-connected all the electrical plug ins and put fuel rail back on top, then slid on injector retainer clips and then torqued fuel rail to 8 ft lbs. I also replaced all the plugs at same time. I can;t see any mistakes I made. It is running worse and now pops code P0300 multi cylinder misfire. 

All my wiring disconnected are re-connected, double checked that all my coils were plugged in securely before re-assembly. 

Wondering if I made a mistake?? How long does fuel pressure take to bleed air out of fuel rail, injectors etc..? Is there a bleed procedure? 

When I put in new injectors, they wiggle a little with new o-ring not being as flattened as old ones I pulled out , but i can't see any other way to mount them in their holes securely. 

Are replacement injectors duds right out of the gate? Or have I missed something? 

thanks for any help.... I am blaming myself yet can't see what I did wrong. i struggle to think the injectors are faulty..but maybe. 

i tend to go with ford/motorcraft parts these days, aftermarket is not so reliable. i did use denso injectors on our 2010 fusion sport and they have been working splendidly.

assuming the work was done correctly, it is possible the fuel rail is contaminated or the fuel itself is. i would have cleaned the fuel rail after taking it out but that's me no one else i know has done this or reported issues without having done so.

seals did you buy them separately? should have come with the injectors. there will be a very slight wiggle since they have a little flex but not much at all. very possibly they are not tight enough. we have had problems with aftermarket seals on tss oss sensors as well.