Various problems

bruexx

I own a 2008 Edge LTD and are having a few problems+ just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems?

(1)Replaced 2 rear wheel bearings/hub assemblies,only 10,000 miles on car.

(2) Replaced VCT Solenoid,as engine lite came on

(3)It now has to go back again,becuase it doesn't idle smoothly+ car jerks when slowing down??

(4) engine lite on again??

Like the car,but just wondering whether this is just the start of many problems,so wondering what others experience is or has been with this vehicle?

Any comments would be appreciated.

I own a 2008 Edge LTD and are having a few problems+ just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems?

(3)It now has to go back again,becuase it doesn't idle smoothly+ car jerks when slowing down??

Like the car,but just wondering whether this is just the start of many problems,so wondering what others experience is or has been with this vehicle?

I've only heard of a couple of wheel bearing replacements, but not the other 3 problems. My guess is they misdiagnosed the problem the first time. Hopefully they'll get it right this time.

I had the same problem, rough idle when brake is applied and rough idle when letting off brake but not applying gas. It was jerky. You need a camshaft position sensor as well as other parts associated with this sensor. Ford knows of this issue.

We also needed an exhaust control valve solenoid.\Do not take offense, but lite is incorrect, it is light....I am a spelling freak.

Edited by BlazedUp

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem with my 2007. I took it in for service and they replaced the solenoid sensor as well. 3 days later, the light came on again and it idling rough. I was on vacation when this happened and found out the it was also leaking oil. However, that was the previous dealers fault. It has been at the same dealer for a week and a half and they still don't know what's wrong with it. The replaced another sensor (since oil was leaking on it) and it still had the rough idle. They called the Ford hotline and were told to replace the Cam Phaser. They took the whole front end of the engine apart to replace those. Put it all back together, same two codes come up and rough idle. I was told yesterday by the service advisor, they called the Ford Hotline again and they were told to check and possibly replace one or all of the timing chains. She also told me that mine isn't the only fish in the sea, and they are finding more and more edge's with this problem. Once they figure it out, I will let everyone what they say!

• 5 months later...

The wheel bearing problem at 10,000 miles is caused by a mis-aligned casting that holds the bearing and the hub in one assembly. Had mine done at 10,500 or so. Ford had a bulliten on it and knew rfom the start when I brought it in. I don't expect this to be an on going problem with the bearings.

• 1 month later...
The wheel bearing problem at 10,000 miles is caused by a mis-aligned casting that holds the bearing and the hub in one assembly. Had mine done at 10,500 or so. Ford had a bulliten on it and knew rfom the start when I brought it in. I don't expect this to be an on going problem with the bearings.

I picked up an 08 LTD in August this year with 3,200 miles on it. Both of the front bearings needed to be replaced. They also threw in a couple struts to make sure I didn't hear any other noises from the front end. And all of it was under warranty. Now with 15,000 mi on it, I am starting to hear the wheel noise everyone was complaining about. Fortunately for now, I can blame it on the road salt...

Is there a range of VIN's that this effected? Or was it a totally random occurrence?

It seems in Ford's drive to remain buoyant through the downturn in the economy - they moved a lot of product.

Unfortunately their Quality has suffered by moving a lot of crap - that they must now fix in the market.

Gary

www.smokinedge.com

Don't Sell Crap

Edited by garyedwardsmith