Advance track stability control

dipper44

We have a lot of snow in this area and my 2007 Edge works fine .The manual says that during ESC events the sliding car icon will flash.

Mine has never flashed and I have never felt any deceleration or vibration that it is working.

Has anyone else noticed that the icon does not flash ????

Thanks

JB

would this just not prove you have not actually had to call upon the ESC capability yet? are you assuming just because the conditions could cause an ESC event that it should when in fact, your driving in those conditions has not triggered it to happen?

plus, since the event may be so short and quick, and you are likely focused when it does happen, would one even notice it while trying to drive?

We have a lot of snow in this area and my 2007 Edge works fine .The manual says that during ESC events the sliding car icon will flash.

Mine has never flashed and I have never felt any deceleration or vibration that it is working.

Has anyone else noticed that the icon does not flash ????

Thanks

JB

You're just not activating it. You'd have to either be on a very slippery surface (ice, snow, gravel) or driving very aggressively. Or both.

Edited by akirby

I activated mine, did not see light but felt it. I was exiting the highway and didn't know that this sharp abrupt curve preceeded me. I thought I was going to roll it because the tires began to screech. The best way I can describe the feeling is that the hand of God literally kept my car from rolling and kept me on the road. It was a very weird feeling like someone took control of my car. The RSC is an amazing feature and I would have believed it did nothing until that day. BTW, RSC is roll stability control and I know ESC is electronic stability control.....does the Edge have both or are the terms being used incorrectly. I drove a Hyundai sonata....(rental) and it had ESC and this thing went like a snowmobile in the snow.

Edited by BlazedUp

I activated mine, did not see light but felt it. I was exiting the highway and didn't know that this sharp abrupt curve preceeded me. I thought I was going to roll it because the tires began to screech. The best way I can describe the feeling is that the hand of God literally kept my car from rolling and kept me on the road. It was a very weird feeling like someone took control of my car. The RSC is an amazing feature and I would have believed it did nothing until that day. BTW, RSC is roll stability control and I know ESC is electronic stability control.....does the Edge have both or are the terms being used incorrectly. I drove a Hyundai sonata....(rental) and it had ESC and this thing went like a snowmobile in the snow.

I believe RSC is only on SUVs and CUVs and uses an extra sensor to gauge the roll. You don't need it in a car.

ssive

I believe RSC is only on SUVs and CUVs and uses an extra sensor to gauge the roll. You don't need it in a car.

I tried it again on a very slippery surface[ ice] and by punching the gas the light came on!

My Edge has studded winter tires so it would have to be driven to the extreme to activate the ESC.

Nice to know this vehicle is great for snow or ice conditions.

Thanks for all your input!

• 3 weeks later...

I have activated this on both ice and dry pavement. On the dry pavement, I took a corner in town at around 60 KM/h just to see how it would handle.

2 or 3 of my wheels started braking independantly and there was some screeching and chirping coming from all 4. I was very amazed at the stability - as it was referred to earlier "hand of God" was exactly how I would put it.

According to my manual the edge has both ESC and RSC.