Daytime Running Lights?

earl312

DAA........If that is all I wanted to do I wouldn't have asked the question. I have had DRL's on other cars. I like the option.

Hi Earl. :D I answered this question in your other post. There is no aftermarket kit. You need to find a Dealer with a more competent Service Department.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Just returned from my FORD dealer. Had a seriuos talk withe there tech about DRL's for the EDGE. After a little research he finally found what we needed to reprogram the light controls to enable the system to add DRL's to my EDGE. FORD had nothing in there manuals to do this. We finally had to go into the program itself. There we found the the option to enable / disable the DRL option. Done deal.

Hi Earl. :D I answered this question in your other post. There is no aftermarket kit. You need to find a Dealer with a more competent Service Department.

So what exactly has to be done? Can we do it ourselves or does it require a factory reprogram of the pcm ?

as bbf2530 said, it requires dealer, can't be done by us with our own hacks or kits or voodoo... at least, never heard of it ever being done other than by going to dealer - and may people have posted up here about adding DRLs

Only the dealer can do it. It requires the reprogram of the pcm. They only charged me 1/2 hour labor. If your dealer says he can not do it they are all wet.

So what exactly has to be done? Can we do it ourselves or does it require a factory reprogram of the pcm ?

Only the dealer can do it. It requires the reprogram of the pcm. They only charged me 1/2 hour labor. If your dealer says he can not do it they are all wet.

Hi Earl. :D Just as an FYI: The Dealer actually needs to reprogram the SJB (Smart Junction Box), not the PCM. Perhaps the Dealer told you "PCM" so that they would not have to explain what an SJB is? Who knows.

Anyway, glad you got your DRL's.

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the info. All the tech said was he had to reprogram the my EDGE. Didn't say what he programed.

Hi Earl. :D Just as an FYI: The Dealer actually needs to reprogram the SJB (Smart Junction Box), not the PCM. Perhaps the Dealer told you "PCM" so that they would not have to explain what an SJB is? Who knows.

Anyway, glad you got your DRL's.

Thanks for the info. All the tech said was he had to reprogram the my EDGE. Didn't say what he programed.

Earl did he say if he could program the Edge(MKX in my case) to turn on the fogs as Daytime Running Lights instead of the "low beam"?

This is important becuase for those of us who have DRL's installed by law(Canada) we would be able to install HID kits while still having DRL's. And, YES, I know to the ones who always state in every post on this blog, aftermarket HID kits are illegal.(or at least until Governments see it as a viable tax base). They have no problem flooding the market with 100+ watt "xenon" bulbs, some located within reputable large chain stores. See what that does to your wiring and the power distribution items in your Edge/Mkx!

Earl did he say if he could program the Edge(MKX in my case) to turn on the fogs as Daytime Running Lights instead of the "low beam"?

This is important becuase for those of us who have DRL's installed by law(Canada) we would be able to install HID kits while still having DRL's. And, YES, I know to the ones who always state in every post on this blog, aftermarket HID kits are illegal.(or at least until Governments see it as a viable tax base). They have no problem flooding the market with 100+ watt "xenon" bulbs, some located within reputable large chain stores. See what that does to your wiring and the power distribution items in your Edge/Mkx!

Hi dereck. No, the SJB in the Edge/MKX can not be reprogrammed by the Dealer to accomplish what you are asking.

Edited by bbf2530