Portable Navigation unit

Where did you put yours ? I don't really like sticking it on the windshield and I would like to avoid sticking a disc on the dash somewhere.

I put mine on to of the dash in the center. I fabricated from sheet metal a mounting bracket. I welded two pieces of 5/16" steel tubing on the underside of the bracket that align with the two holes under the rubber thing that normally sits on top of the center section.I bolted the bracket to the mount that comes with the gps.

post-3777-1238481097_thumb.jpg

post-3777-1238481038_thumb.jpg

Looks good, but is the GPS easily removed ? Where did you get the aluminum face cover with the stripes on it.....that looks good?

To remove the gps you simply pick it up. The only thing holding it in is the two pins that go into the two holes in the dash. The aluminum face cover is stock from the factory.

I put mine on to of the dash in the center. I fabricated from sheet metal a mounting bracket. I welded two pieces of 5/16" steel tubing on the underside of the bracket that align with the two holes under the rubber thing that normally sits on top of the center section.I bolted the bracket to the mount that comes with the gps.

sweet.. love to see people home fabricate stuff just 1 off..

so, did you make a very well place and slight slit in the rubber mat so it slides onto your mount so the lower bracket part is hidden by the rubber mat and up from under the rubber mat comes your bracket.. all seamless looking and still allowing for the rubber mat to be there

sweet.. love to see people home fabricate stuff just 1 off..

so, did you make a very well place and slight slit in the rubber mat so it slides onto your mount so the lower bracket part is hidden by the rubber mat and up from under the rubber mat comes your bracket.. all seamless looking and still allowing for the rubber mat to be there

No, I just take the mat off. My long term goal is to get another top piece, I had noticed and experimented by removing the top piece and taking some measurements while I had the dash panel off to hook up a subwoofer, that I think I have enough room to set up a mechanism to have the gps raise and lower into the dash. Making a door that fits properly and opens and closes I think will be the hardest part.