Gauge Lighting

Is there any way to brighten up the gauge lighting? I have already turned the thumbwheel on the dash all the way up. When it is dusk/twighlight I can hardly read the speedometer/tach gauges. I can see the red pointer OK, but the green numbers are very hard to see until it gets much darker outside. Is there something the service department can do to brighten up the gauge numbers? I have an 08 Edge. It has 16000 miles and so far has been great ! Kudos to the crew who built this one!

Is there any way to brighten up the gauge lighting? I have already turned the thumbwheel on the dash all the way up. When it is dusk/twighlight I can hardly read the speedometer/tach gauges. I can see the red pointer OK, but the green numbers are very hard to see until it gets much darker outside. Is there something the service department can do to brighten up the gauge numbers? I have an 08 Edge. It has 16000 miles and so far has been great ! Kudos to the crew who built this one!

Hi daltore. :D Unfortunately no, assuming that your instrument cluster lighting is working properly. You can take your car in for service to be sure that the intensity range is working correctly, in case there is a problem.

Twilight/dusk is always a problematic time for lighting. Even in outdoor sports stadiums, it is a problem to get sufficient lighting in that in-between time, when there is too little natural light, but the artificial light is not powerful enough to make up for the deficit.

Short of tearing apart the dash and replacing bulbs/LED's with higher intensity versions (and possibly needing to run new wiring/sockets). Most Dealers will not take on such a modification due to cost and resulting Warranty problems.

Sorry I could not give you a more optimistic answer.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 4 years later...