How long to build the Edge?

KMAN

Usually plan on 10-12 weeks for the Edge. The plant has had, and will have some down weeks, so that adds into the estimate.

If the dealership has allocation and you did not order any commodities that are controlled (or in short supply - like 20" wheels) then April should see it built and possibly delivered. Dealers can check for updated status on Fridays in the States -I assume it's the same system for Canada.

mine took 6 weeks.

now, as has been said, there are down weeks for plants, and current car company troubles and fiascos may effect it also given cut backs, closures, etc.

have you been to Blue Oval forums and see if you can get it tracked once you get a VIN from your dealer - yes, they can get the VIN and get some basic tracking data, but Blue Oval is the bomb for this data and I had mine tracked there once I ordered.

have you been to Blue Oval forums and see if you can get it tracked once you get a VIN from your dealer - yes, they can get the VIN and get some basic tracking data, but Blue Oval is the bomb for this data and I had mine tracked there once I ordered.

Hi KMAN and Lex. :D Unfortunately, the Tracking Forum is no longer operating. If you take a look, you will notice that none of the threads are being answered.

"ViperPilot" The Ford Employee who used to voluntarily do the tracking on his own time, decide to stop after receiving grief from certain ungrateful short term forum members. He (ViperPilot) has a post explaining that he no longer performs tracking, but most people do not bother to read the "Read First" instructions and are still posting requests.

While there are one or two Ford Employees who do track vehicles once in a while, they only do it very sporadically and do not monitor the Vehicle Tracking Forum (as can be seen by all the unanswered tracking requests).

Actually, the Blue Oval Forums Moderators should simply shut the Tracking Forum down, to avoid confusion. Perhaps they eventually will. Or perhaps they are hoping ViperPilot has a change of heart? :hyper:

Just don't want you posting there and wondering why you get no answer/help, KMAN.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks guys I had a long talk with the dealer. But how I had sold my old Explorer I promised a guy a almost 2 months ago the dealer gave me a loaner for now So I could sell my explorer before that deal fell threw. I was told 4 to 6 weeks and was told that it wouldn't take longer than that. lol So maybe next week it might come in. A salesman show me today's status sheet and under mine it was blank! He told me it was built but not sure were it is in transit. So hopefully I can be a true member and own one!