Seatbelt issue - WTF?

bluetexan

Hey all,

My wife the other night came to me and said that she was having some issues with the driver side seatbelt getting tangled when she put it on. Thinking that this was a really quick, easy fix I went out into the garage, hopped into the seat, and fumbled for a second or two....I instantly saw what she meant. On every other seatbelt (except the driver side), the latch is facing into the car (ala into the seat when not used and retracted). The driver side seatbelt is facing OUTWARD when the seatbelt is not in use.

Was this an oops from the factory or is it supposed to be like that, and how in the hell do I turn the latch around without destructing the clasp?

Hey all,

My wife the other night came to me and said that she was having some issues with the driver side seatbelt getting tangled when she put it on. Thinking that this was a really quick, easy fix I went out into the garage, hopped into the seat, and fumbled for a second or two....I instantly saw what she meant. On every other seatbelt (except the driver side), the latch is facing into the car (ala into the seat when not used and retracted). The driver side seatbelt is facing OUTWARD when the seatbelt is not in use.

Was this an oops from the factory or is it supposed to be like that, and how in the hell do I turn the latch around without destructing the clasp?

Are you talking about 1, 2 (are stock) or 3 reversed by me?

ab

post-3705-1240681230_thumb.jpg

post-3705-1240681246_thumb.jpg

post-3705-1240681260_thumb.jpg

Yeah, ours is number 3, but I want it to be number 1. How did you reverse it??

Start a flap (it'll be tight) and slide it up.

Here's a pic of the start.

By the time it gets to the top it will have done a 180.

ab

post-3705-1240702239_thumb.jpg

Edited by ablb