Pricing

Hi everyone!

I am really swaying towards purching a 2009 Edge Limited. The only things in addition that I would really like on the vehicle are the Vista Roof and the power liftgate in the back.

I am A-Plan. I know that the A Plan price is what it is. It just seems like there should be more incentives to buy new cars in todays economy. Maybe there are some things I don't know yet.

I asked the dealer about the $500 military rebate and was told it can't be used with A/Z Pricing.

I asked about Conquest Cash, and was told by the dealer that they don't have that (their website lists a $3,500 rebate & $1,000 Conquest Cash). I will assume that was only for the Edge that they had in the same picture, and not the Edge that I am interested in.

I also asked about Ford Credit Bonus Cash and was also told that they are not running that now either.

Is there anything else that I am missing? Do the dealer's have to tell the truth if you ask them? Sorry for so many questions. I have to buy this one all by myself because my husband is in Afghanistan until December, and I want to make sure I get everything that Ford is offering.

Out the door A/Z Plan price is around $32,000 depending on color and a couple have a few added options that I am not really concserned about). I would have to forgo the $3,000 rebate for 0% financing.

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by csmith9208

Hi everyone!

I am really swaying towards purching a 2009 Edge Limited. The only things in addition that I would really like on the vehicle are the Vista Roof and the power liftgate in the back.

I am A-Plan. I know that the A Plan price is what it is. It just seems like there should be more incentives to buy new cars in todays economy. Maybe there are some things I don't know yet.

I asked the dealer about the $500 military rebate and was told it can't be used with A/Z Pricing.

I asked about Conquest Cash, and was told by the dealer that they don't have that (their website lists a $3,500 rebate & $1,000 Conquest Cash). I will assume that was only for the Edge that they had in the same picture, and not the Edge that I am interested in.

I also asked about Ford Credit Bonus Cash and was also told that they are not running that now either.

Is there anything else that I am missing? Do the dealer's have to tell the truth if you ask them? Sorry for so many questions. I have to buy this one all by myself because my husband is in Afghanistan until December, and I want to make sure I get everything that Ford is offering.

Out the door A/Z Plan price is around $32,000 depending on color and a couple have a few added options that I am not really concserned about). I would have to forgo the $3,000 rebate for 0% financing.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi csmith. :D Are you the Ford Employee, or are you a family member of the Ford Employee? If you are the Ford Employee, go to the Ford AXZ-Plan website and use the tools there to help yourself. If you are a family member of the Ford Employee, ask them to sign you up for the MyPlan.Ford.com website so you can access the tools and information there.

It is impossible for any of us to answer your Incentive questions, as Incentives vary by Region (ZIP Code), and therefore we can not tell you what the qualifications are for the current Incentives in your area.

If you give us your ZIP Code, we can at least tell you what the publicly available Incentives are. The $500 Military Incentive is usually not available to be combined with the A-Plan.

With A-Plan, you area usually able to use all "publicly available Incentives". That means the same Incentives that any Tom, Dick or Harry can get if they walk in off the street. But no "Special" Incentives that are for special groups only. So no Military Incentive, No Club Rebates, etc etc. It is a hard distinction to understand, but it is a distinction that eliminates "Special Group Incentives" for A-Plan purchasers.

In general, it does a Dealer no good to lie to you about Incentives, since the money comes from Ford, not out of the Dealers pocket. It is possible for them to make a mistake though when simply giving information. However, when the purchase is completed, the order system does list all qualifying Incentives.

Again, if you post your ZIP Code, we can let you know what all current National Incentives are. Calling AXZ-Plan Headquarters will not do you much good, as they normally tell callers to contact their local Dealers for Incentive information.

You can also find this information yourself by going to the LINK: Ford Direct By using the "Search Inventory" tool on the Ford Direct website you can search your local Dealers Inventory, find your Regional Incentives, etc.

And also remember to have the Ford Employee sign you up for the Ford MyPlan website. The information contained on that site is invaluable and not available to the general public.

Also, if you post the VIN#, Trim Level (SE, SEL, Limited) and color of the Edge you are interested, in along with the Name and ZIP Code of the Dealership where it is currently located, I can tell you the exact X-Plan Price, along with available Incentives. If you decide to do this, please post all of the information asked for.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I bought my 09 Limited a little over a month ago for $300 below invoice and 0% financing.

Some dealers are motivated to move inventory right now, and will use their hold backs and other hidden incentives to provide a small commission to the sales rep.

When I first starting shopping, I sent Internet queries to every dealer within a 200 mile radius, and got instant replies from right out of the gate with A plan pricing. I got an A plan PIN off the Internet but realized it was basically useless. Almost all the Internet offers were a few $100 over invoice.

Example of one reply on a loaded 09 Limited: Thank you for your email response. Here is the MSRP along with your Special Internet Price.

YOUR SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE INCLUDING ALL REBATES $30,847 + TAX & LICENSE. (a good deal, but I did not want a red edge)

Avoid the sales person, instead go straight to the desk manager. You can start with the Internet manager like I did, but most are just answering emails with a boiler plate friends and family price.

If your color and configuration is a hot setup, then expect to pay A plan pricing... If you can choose a model a little out of the norm, then you can really deal, at invoice or better.

Mine is Sterling Grey with medium stone interior, no power lift, and 18" wheels, otherwise it is loaded. Apparently the interior was keeping this car from moving off the lot, since most buyers want black interior with the sterling paint. The rear gate is so light that I never really considered getting power and I will upgrade wheels soon.

Be patient, look for the right vehicle, and stick to your purchasing plan.

Good luck.

I bought my 09 Limited a little over a month ago for $300 below invoice and 0% financing.

Some dealers are motivated to move inventory right now, and will use their hold backs and other hidden incentives to provide a small commission to the sales rep.

When I first starting shopping, I sent Internet queries to every dealer within a 200 mile radius, and got instant replies from right out of the gate with A plan pricing. I got an A plan PIN off the Internet but realized it was basically useless. Almost all the Internet offers were a few $100 over invoice.

Example of one reply on a loaded 09 Limited: Thank you for your email response. Here is the MSRP along with your Special Internet Price.

YOUR SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE INCLUDING ALL REBATES $30,847 + TAX & LICENSE. (a good deal, but I did not want a red edge)

Avoid the sales person, instead go straight to the desk manager. You can start with the Internet manager like I did, but most are just answering emails with a boiler plate friends and family price.

If your color and configuration is a hot setup, then expect to pay A plan pricing... If you can choose a model a little out of the norm, then you can really deal, at invoice or better.

Mine is Sterling Grey with medium stone interior, no power lift, and 18" wheels, otherwise it is loaded. Apparently the interior was keeping this car from moving off the lot, since most buyers want black interior with the sterling paint. The rear gate is so light that I never really considered getting power and I will upgrade wheels soon.

Be patient, look for the right vehicle, and stick to your purchasing plan.

Good luck.

Hi Technoguru. :D Just so others do not get confused by your post: Unfortunately, you are confusing A-Plan with some other price (I am not sure what). A-Plan Pricing is several thousand dollars less than Invoice Price.

A-Plan is the "Ford Employee Price". It is only available to Ford Employees and their immediate family members, and is the absolute lowest price anyone will ever get a Ford vehicle for. It is the price that a Dealer pays Ford for the vehicle (including all holdbacks). Absolutely no Dealer offered you A-Plan Pricing over the Internet. X-Plan is a "Friends and Neighbors Plan" price and is approximately the Factory Invoice Price, then Incentives are deducted.

Even a Dealership Employee can not get A-Plan pricing. They get D-Plan, which is $100 higher.

Just to give you a general idea, someone using an A-Plan PIN, with current Incentives in the $3,000 range, would get an Edge for over $5,000 -$6000 less than Invoice price (you paid only $300 less than Invoice). They would be paying over $7,500 -$9,000 or more less than MSRP (these are approximate/rough numbers).

Bottom line, your figures are incorrect/confused concerning A-Plan. Invoice, MSRP, "Friends and Family" (no such thing, it is Friends and Neighbors) etc etc.

Hopefully this will help clear up some of the confusion.

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks everyone for your responses. I guess I should have given some more detail though.

The $32,000 that I told you all about earlier was the A-Plan price on an 09 Edge that has an MSRP of $35,715. Then on top of that I would get EITHER $3,000 rebate or 0% financing.

I guess it just threw me off when they advertised the (or "an") Edge with Retail Rebate listed as $3,500, and Conquest Cash of $1,000 (which CAN be combined with the 0%), and when I asked was told no Conquest Cash.

I have added the link to the dealer website to show you what I am talking about. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, it still seems like a good deal, especially because I am also saving money by not having to pay any sales taxes because I am military.

Also, my husband called me today from Afghanistan and mentioned getting one gently used with maybe a couple thousand miles on it. I think with A-Plan pricing though, the used would be just around the price of a new one.

Thanks Again All!

http://www.jenkinsandwynne.com/ad_new_trucks.php

Thanks everyone for your responses. I guess I should have given some more detail though.

The $32,000 that I told you all about earlier was the A-Plan price on an 09 Edge that has an MSRP of $35,715. Then on top of that I would get EITHER $3,000 rebate or 0% financing.

I guess it just threw me off when they advertised the (or "an") Edge with Retail Rebate listed as $3,500, and Conquest Cash of $1,000 (which CAN be combined with the 0%), and when I asked was told no Conquest Cash.

I have added the link to the dealer website to show you what I am talking about. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, it still seems like a good deal, especially because I am also saving money by not having to pay any sales taxes because I am military.

Also, my husband called me today from Afghanistan and mentioned getting one gently used with maybe a couple thousand miles on it. I think with A-Plan pricing though, the used would be just around the price of a new one.

Thanks Again All!

http://www.jenkinsandwynne.com/ad_new_trucks.php

Hi csmith. :D I understood completely. That was why I asked if you are the Ford Employee or you are the family of the Ford Employee. The best thing you can do is be registered for the Ford MyPlan website. Then you can access A-Plan Pricing, Dealer Inventory and the latest Incentive information for your area.

In addition, if you want accurate information, do not use Dealer websites. While there are exceptions, most are notoriously inaccurate. That goes for the Inventory listed, pricing and Incentives.

For accurate pricing and Incentive information, either get registered for the Ford MyPlan website (first choice) or use the Ford Direct website I linked to in my earlier reply.

Thanks! I have already done that and know exactly what I am paying out the door. I just wanted to make sure I covered all of my bases before I signed any papers.

My Dad just retired last year from te Ford plant in Cleveland. I have grown up on Ford cars. I am currently driving my husbands Accord lease. It is due to be turned in June 10th. I will probably purchase my Edge earlier as I am already about 1,500 miles over the lease amount.

Thanks for the info about the dealer websites always being wrong.

I feel much more assured now! Thanks!

I know I will have more questions before I purchase, and I am so glad I found this site!!!

Do a google search for loan calculators to help calculate actual overall cost.

For example: (please correct me if I have miscalculated)

If you finance $32,000 through Ford at 0% you would be better off than taking the $3000 rebate and financing $29,000 at anything higher than 3.9%

Total payments on $32K at 0% would be of course $32,000.

Total on $29K at 4% would be $32044.80

Total on $29K at 5% would be $32836.20

So, depending on what interest rate you can get elsewhere, you may be paying more by taking the $3000 rebate and not financing through Ford.

I have not figured in any bank loan fees, or other rebates that you may be eligible for.

Your monthly payment for 5 years

for an interest rate of 5.00%

on a loan amount of $ 29000.00 will be:

$ 547.27 per month

for an interest rate of 4.00%

on a loan amount of $ 29000.00 will be:

$ 534.08 per month

for an interest rate of 0.00%

on a loan amount of $ 32000.00 will be:

$ 533.33 per month